paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 26, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Bullmoose - Walmart
Price: $27.86 (Amazon - Walmart) - $29.99 (Best Buy) - $27.97 (Bullmoose)

51a4UVRAHhL._SL1024_.jpg

51A01pHJHlL.jpg 81qwaWS1k-L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TGO and djjez83
Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

Now I don't have to buy the stupid Boxset
And it's a Steelbook :thumbs:
Btw I'm in the opinion that the better Trilogy is
Halloween/Halloween II/Halloween H20
And just ignore that Resurrection crap

It it's a release from Paramount the discs content would be different to Scream Factory 4K Release
So it could be a different scan too....that can go either way:bored:
Paramount has been hit and miss but still 4K & a Steelbook.
Please don't do some silly artistic artwork.
I'll be happy with a embossed/deboss spot gloss OG poster

I imagine if it's Paramount it'll get a UK release, if it's Scream Factory it'll be US only
Though I believe this will be Paramount because Scream Factory probably wouldn't have gone straight to H20 with a Steelbook release.

Last edited:
Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later has never even had a Blu-ray release in UK
Only had a VHS and DVD releases in UK

UK some of the Halloween Films franchise never even had Blu-ray release but had DVD release instead
The previous UK anchor bay blu-ray releases the UK distribution rights are in limbo

Halloween H20: Twenty Years Late is not even available on Paramount+ in UK

Halloween 1978 you can get on Blu-ray and UHD lionsgate release and the new reboot Universal Halloween films from 2018

Halloween 2/3/4/5/6/7/8
4/5 had Blu-ray releases back in 2012 from anchor bay no other Blu-ray releases since then

These have never had a Blu-ray release in UK
Halloween II (1981)
Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later
Halloween: Resurrection

Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later has never even had a Blu-ray release in UK
Only had a VHS and DVD releases in UK

UK some of the Halloween Films franchise never even had Blu-ray release but had DVD release instead
The previous UK anchor bay blu-ray releases the UK distribution rights are in limbo

Halloween H20: Twenty Years Late is not even available on Paramount+ in UK

Halloween 1978 you can get on Blu-ray and UHD lionsgate release and the new reboot Universal Halloween films from 2018

Halloween 2/3/4/5/6/7/8
4/5 had Blu-ray releases back in 2012 from anchor bay no other Blu-ray releases since then

These have never had a Blu-ray release in UK
Halloween II (1981)
Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later
Halloween: Resurrection
So you're saying it's a scream factory release then :whistle:
Either way I'm getting it :cigar:

So you're saying it's a scream factory release then :whistle:
Either way I'm getting it :cigar:
No paramount have the rights in USA it was them who licensed Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers/Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later/Halloween: Resurrection
to Scream Factory for their Halloween 4K Collection Box Set 1995-2002

Paramount can do their own releases in USA of the Halloween films they own the rights to if they want it's happened before where paramount done their own separate releases of films they licenced to some boutique blu-ray labels

There is no UK release yet on Blu-ray or UHD
UK physical media distribution rights need to be sorted before that happens.

Paramount+ in UK/Ireland has The Curse of Michael Myers but not Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later/Halloween: Resurrection

UK streaming rights is separate licence to physical media distribution rights

• Informative
Reactions: TGO
OMG, a 20 Years Later sequel is already itself older, than the original was, when it got released... something is truly wrong about that.
Modern Family No GIF by ABC Network

• Haha
Reactions: TGO
OMG, a 20 Years Later sequel is already itself older, than the original was, when it got released... something is truly wrong about that.
Modern Family No GIF by ABC Network
Aging Matt Damon GIF

But you gotta admit, Halloween looked older back in 1998 then Halloween H20 does in 2023.
Then again Halloween Ends looks older then H20 :shipped:
Seriously what was up with their clothing in that film, was they trying to replicate the 70's:bored:

Aging Matt Damon GIF

But you gotta admit, Halloween looked older back in 1998 then Halloween H20 does in 2023.
Then again Halloween Ends looks older then H20 :shipped:
Seriously what was up with their clothing in that film, was they trying to replicate the 70's:bored:
You're right, actually everything from the 90's looks great, not like stuff from the 70's did to us in the 90's.
Partially it's how we millennials process time, and partially because both those decades, 70's and 80's, had distinct styles, which 00's have none of, and technology progressed drastically, but not that much since the 90's, so the quality difference isn't that noticeable.

I haven't seen any new Halloween films, but them being direct sequels, I think they were actually trying to replicate the 70's.

You're right, actually everything from the 90's looks great, not like stuff from the 70's did to us in the 90's.
Partially it's how we millennials process time, and partially because both those decades, 70's and 80's, had distinct styles, which 00's have none of, and technology progressed drastically, but not that much since the 90's, so the quality difference isn't that noticeable.
It's usually the phones that give it away( they're smaller):shipped:
But just the other dayI saw one of the early episodes of Two and Half Men and I just thought "how is this 20 years old!?"
And with these good 4K releases everything just looks like it was shot yesterday, but cinematically better though.
I haven't seen any new Halloween films, but them being direct sequels, I think they were actually trying to replicate the 70's.
That's the problem though, they are set in 2018 :shipped: