Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Halloween

Tagline: Face Your Fate

Genre: Horror

Director: David Gordon Green

Cast: Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Will Patton, Virginia Gardner, Nick Castle, Miles Robbins, Toby Huss, Jefferson Hall, Haluk Bilginer, Christopher Allen Nelson, Omar J. Dorsey, Dylan Arnold, Rhian Rees, James Jude Courtney, Hannah Russell, Drew Scheid, Charlie Benton, Carmela McNeal, Jared Moser, Marian Green, Diva Tyler, Vince Mattis, Pedro Lopez, Koby Griffin, Chris Holloway, Rob Niter, Omar Azimi, Michael Harrity, Brittani Cox, Edward Stachyra, Michael Smallwood, Jibrail Nantambu, David Lowe, Johnny Price, Brien Gregorie, Ranisha Wood, Matthew Anderson, Angela Anderson, W.F. Bell, Willie Tyrone Ferguson, Aaron Christian Paderewski, Anthony Woodle

Release: 2018-10-18

Runtime: 109

Plot: Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago. This film, the 11th film in the "Halloween" series, will ignore the events of all previous sequels, picking up 40 years after the events of the original film.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 301
Reactions: digitalbabe
Just back after seeing this. Feel a bit disappointed to be honest. Thought it was going to be better. Didn't live up to the hype for me.

Having watched the complete Shout Factory box set over the last couple of weeks, it's really only more of the same. Only brought into 2018 for the new cinema goers.

Probably on a par with Rob Zombie's remake for me. It's OK, just don't expect anything special.

Parts of it felt rushed. With some scenes feeling tacked on. And it felt like they ran out of ideas about 3/4 the way through and didn't know how to end it.

Be interested to see what the rest of you think......

Reactions: 3Maters
I agree! I thought I saw some film no one else saw, given the high RT rating. I found it instantly moronic (even by slasher standards). Hour and a half of empty fan service, scene remakes, and shallow nostalgia. No danger or atmosphere. Enjoyed the music and laughed quite a bit but thats pretty much it. Felt like a horror movie for non horror fans(Ala the Conjuring Universe). Audience I saw it with was screaming but it did nothing for me

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
And what was the story with the pre credit scene at the start?

I was looking forward to see where that would go after seeing the clip in the teaser trailer, and nothing happens!!! :confused:

Now that I've had time to process it, the more I think about this, the more this film annoyed me.

Here are the issues I had with it in the spoilers below.

The pre credit scene:
What was the point of this? I was really looking forward to seeing where this would go after seeing it in the teaser trailer. But it ends up going nowhere with the guy just screaming at Michael with the mask. Pointless.

Grandaughter's boyfriend:
What was the point of spending so much time showing this guy in the beginning only for it to come to nothing? The scene where they have an argument at the house party is completely pointless. We never see him again after this.

Loomis's Dr:
This character was just awful. Would you really give up all your years of being a doctor and start killing people especially a member of law enforcement just to see what it was like? This plot line is worse than anything out of the previous sequels.

The prison bus crash:
This part of the film was odd. It never showed what happened. Lazy writing not showing how Michael got out of the handcuffs. Again the scene with the boy shooting the doctor was pointless. What was the point of that? Why didn't Michael kill the doctor? Did they really go to all that trouble just for a single jump scare?

There was a bunch of other things too that bothered me. The granddaughters dad: How do you get peanut butter on your penis? Unless your penis is out there on the table! WTF? And he was just really annoying overall. The way Michael kills the lady in the house that comes to the window. He was walking down a street full of people but it seemed like he went out of his way to kill this particular lady. I'm not sure if it was to show that there is no pattern to his killing but it seemed out of character to me.

The whole thing just seemed rushed to me and certain scenes just seemed like they were from a different version of the movie. I'm guessing this is from the studio getting involved. I saw a TV spot yesterday where he's attacking a woman in a shower. This wasn't in the version of the film I saw. So I'm betting there will be a bunch of deleted scenes or a directors cut on the blu ray.

Also the ending was terrible. Totally anti climatic. Leaving it wide open for another money spinning sequel...