Release date: December 16th, 2011
Price: FREE with the purchase of Deathly Allows Part 2

hp_scan.jpg

Actual pictures:
IMG-20111213-00075.jpg

IMG-20111213-00076.jpg

IMG-20111213-00078.jpg

Original post:
I hate to bring this up again, but is there still no word from anyone about that shelf to store all the Future Shop steelbooks together? I haven't seen much discussion about that for a while.

edit - apsmith21 - thanks to Drum18 for this info from the future shop advert

Purchase MUST be done ONLYon November 11th!!!
A code for the FREE collector's case will be written on the bill. Bring the coupon back to the store on Dec. 16th to obtain the case. LIMITED QUANTITIES, while supply last. At least 25 per store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had a second one of these (or specifically the foam).

I would love to have a secure way to transport steelbooks.

Why do you transport Steelbooks?

I take them from home to work (and back again) to scan them because my scanner there is better than the one I have at home.

Like Tuesday, I'll at least be bringing in 3-4

Last edited:
Holy mother of a grail what an absolute stunner :drool: coming up to 8 years old and this set hasn’t aged a day just pure perfection :notworthy: This Harry Potter Future Shop set just oozes quality ‘n’ class with a high gloss finish from top to bottom and inside to out :hungry: it really is hard to fault this at all except for one thing handle with the most upmost care, don’t even look at it the wrong way because one false move and bam you could easily scratch this :ohno: especially considering this is a minty mint sealed set :oohyeah::joy: well except for a few scratches on the bottom. Normally im not a fan of big head editions but this is the exception to the rule as once you have them all lined up out of the boxset they are very complementing to one another and work fantastic as a matching set with all of the main characters from the franchise with the rare Harry and Voldemort steels being the standout editions.

One thing I did learn is be very cautious ordering steelbooks from Canada that weigh over 2kg in total as my set travelled via Surface Mail (boat) and the worst part was it went M.I.A for about 5 weeks EEK!:dunno::ohno::arghh: oh boy that was a very long, anxious and stressful time just praying tracking would update every day I checked. Thankfully all rolled up in pristine condition taking into account the long journey across the world it had to make clocking in at a nerve-racking 60 days from start to finish. Managed to get some really nice shots of this HP FS Set in all its glory (see below, for some reason wouldn’t let me add photos to this post)

Last edited:
Reactions: IRON MAN and DMD4k
To find a sealed set, 8 years after release, that in itself must be an achievement. Well done, the whole set looks great.
It doesn't seem like we'll ever get a premium for these so this is the next best thing!

Reactions: willbar84 and harry
To find a sealed set, 8 years after release, that in itself must be an achievement. Well done, the whole set looks great.
It doesn't seem like we'll ever get a premium for these so this is the next best thing!

Thanks mate it was no easy task that’s for sure as most if not all have been unsealed or are in forever collector homes. There was a slight gamble being such an expensive, fragile ‘n’ heavy boxset but that’s the thing the payout was well worth it as this set is a real beauty. Yes like you say there’s very slim chance we will ever get premiums for these but in saying that these are WEAs in their own rights and just shows what kind of powerhouse Future Shop was back in the day.

Managed to pick some of these Steelbooks over the years & your absolutely right DMD4K they’re stunning Steelbooks. Beautiful glossy steelbooks with very nice artwork inside. Congrats on getting this superb boxset.

Reactions: willbar84 and DMD4k
I own this whole set since it released and I love it. It sits proudly on top of the case that hold all my other steelbooks. Iconic almost. Actually this set was the very first GB I joined here on the site way back in 2011.

• Friendly
Reactions: willbar84
Congrats Will. A must own for sure. Welcome to the club. :)

100%

Thanks mate :thumbs: definitely very proud to be part of the club :happy: and here I was thinking this time last year I was satisfied with my recent purchase of a complete set of Zavvi/JB Hifi Embossed Harry Potter Steelbooks :dunno: as this FS set seemed near impossible to acquire in this day and age. In the end though I thought sod it im going for it and will eventually own this amazing FS HP Set one day and use my embossed set as my open copy.

Holy mother of a grail what an absolute stunner :drool: coming up to 8 years old and this set hasn’t aged a day just pure perfection :notworthy: This Harry Potter Future Shop set just oozes quality ‘n’ class with a high gloss finish from top to bottom and inside to out :hungry: it really is hard to fault this at all except for one thing handle with the most upmost care, don’t even look at it the wrong way because one false move and bam you could easily scratch this :ohno: especially considering this is a minty mint sealed set :oohyeah::joy: well except for a few scratches on the bottom. Normally im not a fan of big head editions but this is the exception to the rule as once you have them all lined up out of the boxset they are very complementing to one another and work fantastic as a matching set with all of the main characters from the franchise with the rare Harry and Voldemort steels being the standout editions.

One thing I did learn is be very cautious ordering steelbooks from Canada that weigh over 2kg in total as my set travelled via Surface Mail (boat) and the worst part was it went M.I.A for about 5 weeks EEK!:dunno::ohno::arghh: oh boy that was a very long, anxious and stressful time just praying tracking would update every day I checked. Thankfully all rolled up in pristine condition taking into account the long journey across the world it had to make clocking in at a nerve-racking 60 days from start to finish. Managed to get some really nice shots of this HP FS Set in all its glory (see below, for some reason wouldn’t let me add photos to this post)
Great job bud!

And yeah… surface (boat) shipping is a killer… the norm is 8 weeks… Reminds me when I sent +- 50 of those kits back in 2011-2012... what a journey it was…

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
Great job bud!

And yeah… surface (boat) shipping is a killer… the norm is 8 weeks… Reminds me when I sent +- 50 of those kits back in 2011-2012... what a journey it was…

Thanks mate :thumbs: Yeah I was given an estimate of 2 to 3 months for Surface shipping so got lucky in hindsight as it could have been much longer where all you can do is try! to patiently wait for tracking to update. Its got to be said your a living legend :cigar::notworthy: helping out all the ninjas who joined your GB all those years ago. What an amazing read that thread was as yes what a journey it was indeed!

• Friendly
Reactions: Drum18