HDN Event HDN Horror Celebration 2014 - Last horror film watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
HDN halloween 2014 graphic-final.JPG

pumpkinsmall.gif

Hello HDN ninja creeps!

It's that time of year where we start our 'Last Horror flick' watched discussion, celebrate the Halloween and fall seasons, and have some fun contests and horror related chats at hidefninja.com all through the month.

Visit our previous threads>>>2012 * 2013

Subscribe to the thread and visit often so you don't miss any goodies & new flick discoveries as shared by you and HDN members!

Share your love of the horror genre!

Other cool places to visit for horror-related info:

Movies & TV forum | Steelbooks | Horror Movie Deals | Blu-ray Release & Buzz
Front page news articles |
Collectibles & more!

Last edited:
Just found out about this thread thanks to @digitalbabe

This month I've not watched as many as I usually do but me and my mates watched trick r treat the other week and I actually quite liked it, didn't realise it was going to be a bit of a comedy, watched silent hill on TV the other week aswell as the descent, watched the thing (original) at about 4 in the morning last week, and watched VHS on Saturday with my mate and his brother (interesting idea but not as good as I was hoping, really want to see the second now I've looked at who the directors are),

Also bought the twin peaks box set the other week and already done them, it kinda fits in with this. Absolutely loved it. Missing coops already.
Also up to date with the new series of waking dead.

4 of my mates are going to see alien and aliens (director cut) back to back tomorrow night at vue cinema in lakeside Thurrock. Which i really wanted to go to but didn't txt my mate back in time. Gutted. Love to see that original 20th century fox opening at the cinema. And of course 2 of the greatest alien/ monster/sci fi films ever.

Hopefully I can convince my mate to watch either cabin fever, the original evil dead or an American werewolf in London tommorrow night (or all of them lol) . Also gona try and get paranormal activity or jennifers body in tonight after I've watched the celebrity juice Halloween special.

Looking forward to seeing babadook and now horns after reading positive things about it. Need to start american horror story too (my mate reakons I'm gona love it)

Been a while since I've seen event horizon, and the Texas Chainsaw (the remake from a few years back - actually really enjoyed it) so they are on the cards to watch soon.

And.... I've never seen the exorcist!!!!! Don't ask, I can't explain it.

Well not a horror film watched, but listening to original 'War of the World' alien invasion broadcast with my wife and attending a talk-very cool!

Don't get scared DB, it was a big hoax played out on Halloween a long time ago by Orsen Wells

WOW, you are older than I am. :LOL::rofl::LOL:
LOL, what do you mean? I knew last year was the 75th anniversary of that broadcast. So this year is 76. I didn't say I was around for it the 1st time, LOL. Actually it was pretty cool because one of the actresses from the original movie called in, and chatted with us. The coffee shop where we all heard the broadcast (annual event) has original memorabilia and artifacts from that time period and event. Very cool piece of history and interesting discussion about social impact.

Reactions: Ricker and ocielz
Yeah, I have been looking for the the movie. "The Night That Panicked America" which tells the story of how people were affected by that broadcast

Reactions: MGD
@digitalbabe AWESOME! :thumbs: But where's your @Ricker Voodoo Doll!
voodoo.gif

Watched Trick 'r Treat last night, which is an annual tradition of mine to watch this time of year.

What an awesome film...perhaps the most quintessential scary Halloween movie, for me.

tumblr_nbxcrq3oL91snq8dno5_500.gif
@steel888 I love Trick 'r Treat! :notworthy: Last year the wife and I watched it on Halloween Night while we stuffed our faces with candies! :D We'll be doing the same tomorrow after we return from our local "Haunted House of Horrors and Scare Maze Event"!!! :woot: It's gonna be a fu**ing BLAST! :notworthy: Especially when you're being stalked by a Giant creepy clown and a man with a gas powered chainsaw! :ohno:

56856_N9KVU1.gif
HAPPY HALLOWEEN NINJAS!!!
56856_N9KVU1.gif

I last saw Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) again for the first time in like 15 years. Was great fun to see again.

Today I plan on watching the Exorcist & Halloween. :D

Happy happy ninjas! :drowning:

I must admit I was surprised at how good Halloween IV was! I'm not the biggest fan of Danielle Harris, but in IV and V she's very good and plays a character you do feel sorry for.

Gonna give Trick R Treat a rewatch over the weekend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.