HDNinja Secret Santa Idea-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

king5six1

Premium Supporter
May 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Hey everyone. I had an idea I thought I would share and get some feedback on. With all of these Blu Rays coming out everywhere and the holidays right around the corner I thought it would be kinda cool to do a " Secret Santa". The main goal would be to get matched up with someone in a different country to get something you cant normally get. It would have to be voluntary and only for those who signed up between a certain time frame. After sign up ends we would have a mod take all of the names and message the members and let them know who they would be getting a gift for. Haven't seen it done before and thought it would be a neat idea if we can all pull it off. :D

Thanks for suggesting this guys-sorry I was not subscribed to the thread but you have my info now, Off Constantly. Sounds like fun-I am in:p

Everyone should have their names now.

As a recap, everyone is to send their SS a steelbook that they normally wouldn't be able to get in their country. I would assume this would be by picking something up for your SS at your favorite steelbook source or by sending your SS something from your own collection.

I hope everyone has fun picking something out for their SS and make sure you post what you got when it comes in.

Since I've been getting hit with a bunch of questions about the exchange, I dug up a few of the suggested rules. I think King5six1 and Wreck were on the right track, so lets go with these. As for a date to have your gift in the mail, let's shoot for no later than next Monday (13 December). This should allow for plenty of time to make it through customs. If you've got any other questions, feel free to PM me.

As for rules, limits, shipping.

1) Once sign up is over the Mod in charge would take the names and match up the members and notify them of whom they will be sending to.
2) For price limit I would say nothing crazy. Given that the exchange rate is different everywhere just keep it to a normal priced steelbook you can get at a local store or even some you may have doubles of and do not mind parting with. We don't want to get crazy or unfair with it. Possibly try to stick with Store/Region exclusives that are not as easy to get for everyone.( MM, FS, BB )
3) Shipping would be paid by you as this is voluntary and you will be getting a gift in return so I think for shipping we will all be responsible.
4) In the box you could put your username from the forums so we know who the gift is from in case you don't recognize that specific member by first name.
5) We would have a thread where everyone can post pictures of what they got.

I haven't done anything like this before so as long as the Mods are cool with it and want to help out I think its a great idea. With all of the steelbooks coming out its crazy to keep up with them all and this could be a good way for everyone to get something they cant just go to the store and get.

Im down and totally for it ... maybe one rule would be that it cant be something that has no disc in it. This way your not giving someone what is $5 compared to them giving you a $30 full release etc.

Only exclusion to that is if the empty steel is a rare one. Perhaps, Snow White, UP /Transformers RotF etc.

Whatever works...

Sorry I didn't get your message in time but I am in finals week and I never get the email alerts. Would not have been able to do it anyways. Maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.