Release date: June 8, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: €18.99

A1TK5u86EDL._SX342_.jpg

15837777_1_70.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
My copy arrived yesterday, sadly it was damaged since amazon.de started to ship Steelbooks in a stupid envelope :wtf: and no longer in the terrific Steelbookboxes. I hope my replacement will be ok.

Looks like an excellent steelbook with its Gloss finish, English language spine title and no superfluous print :thumbs: (as well as shades of the U.K. Studio Ghibli steelbooks where the front artwork fills - and pops out of - a circular design . . . and shades too of "Django Unchained" with the tramlines (lol))

Slightly different layout to the mock-up . . . better like this :thumbs:
176907_large.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand why someone in Germany would go to the trouble of teaming up with Scanavo, designing/producing a steelbook, only for it to get pulled from shelves 2 weeks later? :confused:

Would you not wait until your ratings are sorted before you'd commit to this?

Or will this print run be shared with somewhere else?

Anyway, this film is currently available in English on Netflix so I might check it out and see if it's worth picking up......

@BluSteel2012
It's not actually bound to happen that the film gets indexed. It could very well last until next year, it could happen tomorrow or it may even never happen, though the latter is rather unlikely. Usually it doesn't take too much time before an entitled institution is making a motion to the BPjM board.
Koch Media knew in advance the home cinema release of Headshot wouldn't receive a rating, but still took the risk to produce a steelbook which can potentially be pulled from (open!) sale - certainly a bold decision, in terms of cost-effectiveness considerations. From the point of view of a film and steelbook fan, they deserve nothing but praise, though. Instead of censoring the movie for a rating or not doing a pricey steelbook production run, they went all out. Kudos to them.
I'd too be interested to learn what happens with unsold stock if the movie in fact gets indexed. But as I wrote earlier in this thread already, I don't believe too many copies will be left unsold. Many stores in Germany did only get one or two copies, so I (still) assume the print run wasn't all too big to begin with. There also seems to be quite an interest, so maybe they won't even have to deal with unsold copies.
I feel I should also clarify that "indexed" doesn't mean it cannot be bought anymore at all. It's just restricted from sale in the public and in internet warehouses which don't feature an age verified area. So hypothetically, if Headshot gets indexed in maybe four weeks, and that lets Koch Media keep sitting on ... let's say ... 4-500 copies, they might pass them on to dedicated online or video stores, both which feature age-verifiable sections. Or they will sell the remaining stock in Austria, which doesn't have as strict a youth protection law as Germany.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
@BluSteel2012
It's not actually bound to happen that the film gets indexed. It could very well last until next year, it could happen tomorrow or it may even never happen, though the latter is rather unlikely. Usually it doesn't take too much time before an entitled institution is making a motion to the BPjM board.
Koch Media knew in advance the home cinema release of Headshot wouldn't receive a rating, but still took the risk to produce a steelbook which can potentially be pulled from (open!) sale - certainly a bold decision, in terms of cost-effectiveness considerations. From the point of view of a film and steelbook fan, they deserve nothing but praise, though. Instead of censoring the movie for a rating or not doing a pricey steelbook production run, they went all out. Kudos to them.
I'd too be interested to learn what happens with unsold stock if the movie in fact gets indexed. But as I wrote earlier in this thread already, I don't believe too many copies will be left unsold. Many stores in Germany did only get one or two copies, so I (still) assume the print run wasn't all too big to begin with. There also seems to be quite an interest, so maybe they won't even have to deal with unsold copies.
I feel I should also clarify that "indexed" doesn't mean it cannot be bought anymore at all. It's just restricted from sale in the public and in internet warehouses which don't feature an age verified area. So hypothetically, if Headshot gets indexed in maybe four weeks, and that lets Koch Media keep sitting on ... let's say ... 4-500 copies, they might pass them on to dedicated online or video stores, both which feature age-verifiable sections. Or they will sell the remaining stock in Austria, which doesn't have as strict a youth protection law as Germany.
Thanks for sharing some light on the situation with that helpful post :thumbs:

Germanys rules and regulations never cease to confuse me!! :p

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Germanys rules and regulations never cease to confuse me!! :p

It's gotten much better though. Before April 1, 2003, any medium could be indexed, no matter if it had a classification or not. It's much safer now. Once a movie or game has its rating, it's all fine. There's just one backside to it: Unclassified movies/games are to be treated as if they were indexed. So even the most innocent sports or kids' game without a German age classification cannot be sold in public stores or to minors.
Back then I was much more into gaming - I remember lively how upset people were because they couldn't buy Madden NFL anymore. It's not a huge seller outside of the US, so EA didn't do localized versions. Interested gamers had to rely on the availability of the import, which was quite difficult to come by, with the new law in place.
Needless to say with the advent of online gaming platforms and the growing online distribution, such restrictions feel anachronistic and are being undermined. Still I think youth protection is a good thing and some regulations are in fact necessary.
I could go even deeper into details, but I think that should do it for the moment.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
@bloodsnake007 I also requested a replacement and complained about the package. They promised me that it would not happen again and thanked me for my comments. Anyway replacement arrived 2 days later in a small envelope but it was undamaged. I really don't get why they chanced this. amazon.de had the best way for shipping Steelbooks, now you rarely get the boxes, especially on Pre-orders, they simply through them into an envelope, even when 2 or 3 Steelbooks are ordered together. Very disappointing.

But back to the Steelbook, it is very nice and the movie is great. Non-stop action, really cool fights. I wish they would make more like these.

My copy arrived today - luckily undamaged but i will contact their customer service and complain about their " new" packaging ,sending steels in a card Mailer is ridiculous-IMO:jacked:(n)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
@bloodsnake007 I also requested a replacement and complained about the package. They promised me that it would not happen again and thanked me for my comments. Anyway replacement arrived 2 days later in a small envelope but it was undamaged. I really don't get why they chanced this. amazon.de had the best way for shipping Steelbooks, now you rarely get the boxes, especially on Pre-orders, they simply through them into an envelope, even when 2 or 3 Steelbooks are ordered together. Very disappointing.

But back to the Steelbook, it is very nice and the movie is great. Non-stop action, really cool fights. I wish they would make more like these.
Glad your replacement arrived undamaged! :thumbs: I'm worried and dreading the arrival of my copy, I just know it'll be bad news! :ohno:

I'll be back! :cool: :D