Her (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #17) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: October 31, 2014
Purchase links: Lenticular - Full Slip - One Click (Pre-order October 2 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $34.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $68.98 (One Click)
Notes: High Glossy, Made in Denmark. Available: 700 Lenti - 700 Full Slip - 100 One Click

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

14110472688722946.gif
14110473509342919.gif

10557211_1575591692668042_1789685991619210406_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is in the top 5 of my collection and I love the movie's message and its relevance today.
Made it's way into my top 5 too!

For those that are curious as to the competition for 'her'. My current top 5 stand as Her, Memento, Tangled, Thor: Dark World (All Kimchidvd Lenticulars) and CA2 (Nova Choice Lenticular). So it really is underrated in my opinion

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry
Wonder why MantaLab hasn't taken a shot at making this.

Kimichi is rare and hard to come by at a good price.
Really hope they don't. It'll ruin the game if every great release has a b-tec alternative. And I'm not just saying that because I own 'her', theres loads of releases I still need that I hope remain sacred. Also, the demand for this, is because its basically a perfect package. Not because it's a film that people need in their collection. A second release wouldn't sell well. When this was first released, it took a long time to sell out even though it's now going for 100's

Last edited:
This is the earliest release I have from Kimchidvd with embossing on the spine, is this the first one to have this and have all the others since had this detail?

This was my first direct kimchi order and my first premium package plus the film means a lot to me so it has a special place in my collection. I know re releases always happen and sometimes I'll be happy for one and other times I won't. This is one of those releases that I never want to see another version for.

The pianist also has embossing on the spine. I'm not sure what others. I only have the pianist and memento of the releases from before her. Memento has a flat spine (I'm only referring to the lenti editons)

The transition in this lenticular is very good but Kimchidvd's Memento lenticular is, IMO, the best I have ever seen. I hope they keep making more lenticulars like this - https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...exclusive-15-korea.48690/page-54#post-1751176
Tangled - Depth, Memento - Flip Flop, Thor - Lighting, Her - Animation. These are all in my top 5, alongside CA2 Nova and they're all great for different reasons. Memento is definitely perfect at what it attempts as is Her. I guess it's just down to what idea you like on paper more

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and ash333
Really? Have you seen their lineup?
They've yet to tackle any smaller movies to date; the 'smallest' movie in their inventory is Deadpool and that's only because its budget was $60 million.
That and the fact the decision is a terrible one. Something being 'rare' and 'hard to come by' is a silly reason for a re-release considering exclusivity is at the heart of steelbook collecting. Considering Kimchidvd have already released a perfect package, I don't see it necessary to add an inferior option into the mix and it seems that the majority agree with me.

This was my first direct kimchi order and my first premium package plus the film means a lot to me so it has a special place in my collection.
)
Same here, also the first time I got stung by customs. Sold the full slip at a loss due to being skint at the time :( The lenti is still in my collection though.

Reactions: Flloydo