Hi from Dave

Mar 27, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Dave, from Yorkshire in the UK. I've been a long time lurker on here, finally decided to join up and I look forward to contributing to the threads and hopefully showing you my, ever growing, collection of movies and stuff.

I'm a long time movie fan, I've been collecting blurays since about 2009. I've started properly collecting for steelbooks in the past 3 years (up to about 120) mostly UK releases, but in the past few months I've started to go for a few Blufans editions ( RIP my poor bank account). I've got a small collection of Futurama and The Simpsons Kidrobot vinyl figures, and starting to get into Nobrow graphic books. Oh and I'm the proud owner of 2 energetic beagles if there are any fellow dog owners on here!

This site has been a daily visit for me for the past year or so and I really appreciate the wealth of information and sense of community on here, and I'm looking forward to finding my way around here and joining in finally!

Hi Dave and welcome. I went to post today for the first time, but been reading this site for a year now. Most of my steelbooks are also from U.K, but I do have a dozen Kimchi releases and few BluFans. Usually order from Zavvi, but too often receive damaged ones. I'd love to see a picture of your collection one day.

Hey @Hamill82 yeah I hopfully will get round to posting some pics at some point soon, although I think my collection will be tiny compared to most of the other members on here! I started out getting steels from HMV and play.com, but Zavvi has really boosted my collection since they became a big steelbook retailer in the UK after the other sites. Luckily I've only had a few damages from them, more often its paint chips and spine slashes, argh! Anyway, welcome to you too and I hope to see you around!

@discorocs Hello Dave the Lurker! :naughty: :woot:

Welcome to HDN buddy! :thumbs: ENJOY your time here with us! :cool:

Your Poor Wallet? Check out this thread :D LOL! :p
tb8b48e_d0drpuzjh95.gif

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/r-i-p-to-my-wallet-bank-account.54312/

Reactions: discorocs
Dave, I bet it's rareness and quality over quantity with your collection. When I started collecting steelbooks I bought so many out of pure interest and felt like I needed to have everything coming out. Nowadays I'm all different, very picky and having more patience with my purchases. With Zavvi around 25% of my steelbooks arrive damaged. Yes, Zavvi packages not that great, but nothing can save them if you're having Ace Ventura to deliver them :angry: . I honestly appreciate seeing collections of every sort and size. I'm sure we would enjoy seeing pictures of yours.:thumbs: