Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I'll be all over this

(That price though :( )

Great front art too, I think it's looks amazing

Back could be better even though it's a continuation

@Noodles

Would also love a steel for sightseers and a field in England

Last edited:
Oh ffs - with all the stunning artwork already out there for High-Rise, Zavvi, yet again, manage to pick a terrible option :smashed:

Slipcover all the way

This cover is excellent, and Ben Wheatley may be the most exciting filmmaker on the planet right now. Every film he's made is brilliant.

The UK slipcover is an overdone mess. If they'd used the art from the DVD, then it would be worth buying.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Lovely looking steelbook though the price is a bit "high rise" . . .

http://vice-press.com/blogs/news/high-rise-poster-and-steelbook-by-raid71

Don't worry, folks, not going to go into the spiel about how this artwork reminds me of Saul Bass's artwork for Hitchcock - and other directors' - films and will not be posting pics of similar posters from the 1950's as that may be considered off-topic (LOL) although I will say that I'm a total fan of this retro style of artwork for the FRONT - a la 10 CLOVERFIELD - and will be putting my money were my mouth is on Saturday - hopefully with 10% off to sweeten this rather pricey pill.

The BACK worries me bit but maybe it'll all come together when the steelbook is closed . . .

Anyway, chosen front artwork is miles better (IMO) than the dozen or so official artwork posters around - the best of which is probably one of these three, though none of these float my boat if the truth be told . . .
All 3 Posters by EMPIRE DESIGN
upload_2016-6-16_23-54-37.jpeg
upload_2016-6-16_23-54-58.jpeg

As I don't know what the INSIDE Artwork will be I was thinking that it could be a variation of #1 or #2:-

upload_2016-6-16_23-53-25.jpeg

Easily the most interesting poster - also from EMPIRE DESIGNS - has been appropriated for the Amaray so I'm happy it has not been used for the steelbook too:-

No mention in the listing that this steelbook comes with the set of 5 ARTCARDS included in the Amaray edition so, fingers crossed that it does.
The Amaray does indeed look very fine in its black livery and what looks like a slipcase (not a slipcover) which is better designed to keep the cards safe next to the plastic case if they are slightly too large to fit into the case itself and as with other examples with Artcards included slipcases have been used in the main.
Clear white or orange would have been just as good as black for the case and thankfully blue was not used as that would have clashed horribly with the chosen artwork.

As for Ben Wheatley films - not a fan in general and if anybody says A FIELD IN ENGLAND is a masterpiece I'd question his/her sanity . . . although I rate SIGHTSEERS very highly and the same people that rate aFiE may question my sanity for that choice . . .

Last edited: