Hitman: Agent 47 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #3) [Czech Republic - Slovakia]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: December 12, 2016 (November 21, 2016)
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 899 CZK
Note: Limited to 751 copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

14543813_1813570668879472_8231123904107324208_o.jpg

Hitman_front.jpg Hitman_Inside.jpg

Notice how distributors always green light a Steelbook release for poorly received films. Haven't seen it myself so I won't pass judgement but have to say that 7% on RT isn't promising.

I don't know why FilmArena would pick this title... except one theory, FilmArena is clearly happy to work with 20th Century Fox so they want to continue that relation, as Hitman happens to be one of their eleven 2015 releases so far (others include Kingsman (FAC), Spy, Home, Tak3n, Fant4stic, and I bet FilmArena will want to do Maze Runner: Scorch Trials to follow up on the FAC edition of the first installment, and I'm all for it - notice how HMV loves Fox too).

Home video distributors for the FAC:

20th Century Fox:

1 - The Maze Runner
2 - Exodus: Gods & Kings
3 - Commando
4 - Elektra
5 - The Terminator (MGM, part of the FOX family)
6 - Kingsman: The Secret Service
7 - Birdman
8 - Agent 47
9, 10, 11, 12, 13 - X-Men, X2, The Last Stand, Origins: Wolverine, First Class

Universal:

1 - As Above/So Below
2 - Dracula Untold
3 - Get On Up
4 - Ex_Machina
5 - Furious 7
6 - Jurassic World
7 - Unbroken (steelbook designed by FilmArena)
8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 - The Fast and the Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Tokyo Drift, Fast & Furious, Fast Five, Furious 6

Sony:

1 - The Equalizer
2 - Whiplash
3 - Terminator: Rise of the Machines
4 - Chappie
5 - Ghost Rider

Lionsgate:

1 - The Hunger Games - Mockingjay (Part I)
2 - Child 44 (steelbook designed by FilmArena)

Warner:

1 - Heat
2 - Interview with a Vampire

Paramount:

1 - Terminator Genisys

Local distributors:

John Wick: don't know (steelbook designed by FilmArena)
Looper: EntertaimentOne (steelbook designed by FilmArena)
Terminator: Judgement Day: Magic Box (steelbook designed by FilmArena)
Dredd: IM Global (steelbook designed by FilmArena)
Love, Rosie: MediaPro Pictures (steelbook designed by FilmArena)
Sabotage: MediaPro Pictures (steelbook designed by FilmArena)

Hmm, this could look good. Haven't seen the film though, so would need to do so before making a decision about this one.

If the steel has some gloss and embossing it might look nice. Would like to see some in hand pictures before I jump the gun.

Pure trash. It doesn’t get any lower than movies like this. Im confused as to why some of you keep saying it had mixed reviews. It had mostly horrible reviews by a HUGE majority. Any good reviews you will find were probably paid off in some way. Nova, Kimchi, and PA would never attach their name to garbage like this. Special editions should be limited to movies that actually have a fanbase.

Last edited:
Pure trash. It doesn’t get any lower than movies like this. Im confused as to why some of you keep saying it had mixed reviews. It had mostly horrible reviews by a HUGE majority. Any good reviews you will find were probably paid off in some way. Nova, Kimchi, and PA would never attach their name to garbage like this. Special editions should limited to movies that actually have a fanbase.

they are trying to convince themselves they like the film so they dont feel guilty about buying it lol

Its a matter of opinion. Most audiences were expecting an Olyphant sequel. I personally thought Rupert Friend was quite good. It wasn't a fantastic movie, but a fun and cheap popcorn attempt.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBMT
Its a matter of opinion. Most audiences were expecting an Olyphant sequel. I personally thought Rupert Friend was quite good. It wasn't a fantastic movie, but a fun and cheap popcorn attempt.
I agree. The movie wasn't bad or bad as I thought it would be :) but it is not something I would watch again.

terrible movie , please cancel this release :happy: doesn't deserve to get the special treatment :rofl:
Can we stop asking a retailer to cancel a release just because you don't like it. Don't buy it then and go about getting what you like. Because there are people who do like it and will buy it. I mean come on now I hated birdman however you don't see me saying cancel it. They don't just release movies just for you. They release it first for them maybe the movie did well in thier country.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT