AZ, U.S.A
Released: February 28th, 2017
Platform: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

horizon ps4.jpg
Today at Sony's PlayStation E3 conference Guerrilla Games showed Horizon: Zero Dawn. The post-apocalypse game features a war between man and machine, with cybernetic wildlife on the roam against humans. Gameplay showed a young woman fighting mechanical beasts with a bow and arrow, as well as using enemy weapons against her foes.

"As Horizon Zero Dawn’s main protagonist Aloy, a skilled hunter, explore a vibrant and lush world inhabited by mysterious mechanized creatures. Embark on a compelling, emotional journey and unravel mysteries of tribal societies, ancient artifacts and advanced technologies that will determine the fate of this planet, and of life itself," the game's fact sheet says.

Amsterdam-based Guerrilla Games is best known for the PlayStation-exclusive Killzone series.

dduc2qg-bc381a90-9e6b-446a-a76c-41fd7a68a356.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
Played an hour. Graphics are superb (i have a 4K tv but not a PS4 pro). First hour is very story driven and setting the scene and showing basic mechanics. Not a lot of gameplay so far. Basically showing how to be stealthy and explore. Ill get another hour in tonight hopefully. Initial comparisons is Tomb raider (the recent remakes) and Far Cry Primal.

So far so good....i want to play more

• Thanks
Just started playing this a few hours ago and so far so good, great scenery, action, graphics, very cool dino-robot thingys, very colourful and so far loving Aloy & Rost (Aloy looks so cool) - love her earpiece thing too!

Looking forward to delving deeper

• Thanks
Just started playing this a few hours ago and so far so good, great scenery, action, graphics, very cool dino-robot thingys, very colourful and so far loving Aloy & Rost (Aloy looks so cool) - love her earpiece thing too!

Looking forward to delving deeper
Let us know what you think after you've played it a bit more mate... I've been considering picking this one up, but there's something about it that doesn't quite excite me as much as it does other gamers.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Let us know what you think after you've played it a bit more mate... I've been considering picking this one up, but there's something about it that doesn't quite excite me as much as it does other gamers.

Will do

I didn't think it was for me either as I thought it was like Skyrim or fallout originally but it's very cool. Open world too but more of a structure in terms of levels etc - like gta but I don't think as big

It's good on the eyes too- everything looks so cool

• Thanks
Will do

I didn't think it was for me either as I thought it was like Skyrim or fallout originally but it's very cool. Open world too but more of a structure in terms of levels etc - like gta but I don't think as big

It's good on the eyes too- everything looks so cool
I'd probably be more excited for it if it was like Skyrim/Fallout to be honest. It's annoying that I can't quite put my finger on what it is that puts me off about it though... a few years ago I would've been hyped as hell for this sort of game! I can't deny that it looks gorgeous though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'd probably be more excited for it if it was like Skyrim/Fallout to be honest. It's annoying that I can't quite put my finger on what it is that puts me off about it though... a few years ago I would've been hyped as hell for this sort of game! I can't deny that it looks gorgeous though.

Ahh I couldnt get on with fallout, although I got very far with 3 but I need a bit more structure in a game. I don't like things where you can become one of 100 different warriors or wizards! Lol
Like Skyrim too. Just can't do em.

I'm really OCD and need to explore every inch and option and you can't do that with those games,

Whereas gta for example is perfect because you still follow a story, has side missions, epic open world, and can literally play to go on massacres or **** around lol

• Thanks