Ireland
Release: August 10, 2015
Purchase: Zavvi
Price: £15.99

front.jpg

back.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But when the regular amaray (which also on contains 2D and 3D as it all on the same disk) is £6 and has been for a long time, the steel should be £9.99 tops. Too many catalogue titles being released at new release prices for my liking.

new release prices???? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
a new new release price for a 3d +2d is normally £24.99 don't know what planet you been living on lately, there are plenty of examples about for new

big hero 6 £24.99
guardians of the galaxy £24.99
Ratatouille £24.99
the hobbit desolation of smaug £24.99

there is a pattern there

we have had catalogue 3d +2d cheaper
oz £16.99
and now this hugo £15.99

think what your getting at is your not prepared to pay more than £9.99 for a 3d 2d catalogue steel period, well unfourantely there are 2 things missed in this equation and they are the following 1. inflation 2. zavvi have to make a profit.
they are not going to make a steel where they don't cut a profit it will just not happen!

also i will bet you there are a pile of amarays sat in a warehouse and not moved now there priced to shift them thats all.
i suggest you wait it out it will come down in time but that could be round nov/dec be my bet if you are lucky zavvi seem to be keeping prices up for alot longer of late.
one example of that was 1 disc expenables 3 was £21.99 on pre-order 14sept 2014 released dec 8th 2014 and didn't drop in price till march 28th 2015 at £14.99 so was 7 months before a drop EEK!EEK!EEK! and some are still waiting for it to drop to £9.99 cos thats what they are only willing to pay. each to there own which is fair enough but there are going to be some films people never get because there not all £9.99:rofl:

way i look at it is this if i like a film ill buy it but price has to be reasonable
1 disc around £15 ish
2disc 3d 2d new new £25
thats what i consider fair so zavvi can make a profit, admittely they can be greedy b@rstads we all know there zbox tricks tactics of late and that is wrong, it should stand on its own 2 feet as a product but doesn't we all know that.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
thats what i consider fair so zavvi can make a profit
How nice of you, I'm sure zavvi will be pleased with your custom..;)

Oddly enough, I saw a photo of a HMV sales screen as posted here last year for I think maybe X-men Days of Future Past or Dawn of The Planet of the Apes, and the shop assistant covered up the screen with his/her hand were it was displaying the COST price each, unfortunately it didn't cover the first number, which was a 7.

And that was a NEW release, HMV get preferential treatment at the moment and it only costs them a possible £7.99 for each one, that's plenty of profit,

I can't imagine Zavvi being charged anywere near that for catalogue titles, they'd surely be making plenty of profit on £10-12 retail price, which is what they should be MAX.

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012