Release: August 10, 2015
Purchase: Zavvi
Price: £15.99

front.jpg

back.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
new release prices???? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
a new new release price for a 3d +2d is normally £24.99 don't know what planet you been living on lately

Planet reality my friend.....

Hugo has been cheap as chips for years now, on release it was widely available for a tenner, a catalogue title in a steelbook for £15 in my book is new release pricing, regardless of the inclusion of 3D. The examples you quoted don't really count as they are new titles which included an extra disk. 2D/3D combo packs are usually around the £25 mark yes, BUT Hugo isn't a combo pack, the 3D option comes as part of the deal on the same disk, it's basically a glorified special feature like Paranorman, Dredd, and a few others in my collection and those titles on release were never £25, they were all £10 or thereabouts, and not soon after available for a fiver, you have to compare like for like so saying the guardians of the Galaxy 2D/3D steel was £25 so £15 for Hugo 2D/2D is a good deal is bonkers, and if like you say there is a warehouse somewhere full of unsold amarays then it should be ever cheaper to produce the steelbook as the disks are all sat there and zavvi can buy them for ten Bob each, get the steelbook cases made, sell it for a tenner and still make a handsome profit.

Last edited:
@Bobthesub puts it very eloquently ,like him I still believe it's priced highly for what it is likely to be. But hey ho there are some who will buy it regardless just because it's a steelbook ,best create some more space .the release of back catalogues marches on relentlessly .

I went to the French site. FRZ10 gets you 10% discount. Order one at a time for cheap shipping. If you order two or more it kicks you up to premium shipping.

Just got a second email- Instead of stating the films title, it was instead headed "Steelbook surprise"; which is a pretty tacky way of baiting to get clicks if you ask me...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
The reviews of the UK Blu-ray are all good
Been only 1 disc containing 3D/2D and extras it does not have any impact on picture or sound quality

Picture and Sound Quality are fantastic