Ireland
Release: August 10, 2015
Purchase: Zavvi
Price: £15.99

front.jpg

back.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep up the EIV titles zavvi-already have the u.s 3d amaray (which I got for a song in NY)-you are saving me money...

Picture Quality is the same as the USA Blu-ray
The UK Blu-ray
3D/2D on the same disc

Zavvi are a UK Company
This is the first time Hugo has a UK Steelbook

Been available as Amaray be it in USA or UK or any country has no relevance as this is a Steelbook Release

Majority of films have had a Amaray release before steelbooks releases happened

Customers purchase steelbooks because they want it instead of an Amaray case

Last edited:
Picture Quality and Sound are fantastic on the UK Blu-ray

Been only 1 Disc has no impact on the Quality
A very shortsighted comment. I am not sure if you watch on a PJ screen. Compression artifacts show their ugly head on big screens. I am not saying you must avoid the Steelbook but I am making folks aware that everything is offered on a single disc and the disc is Region locked. EiV are amongst the worst when it comes to AV quality.

A very shortsighted comment. I am not sure if you watch on a PJ screen. Compression artifacts show their ugly head on big screens. I am not saying you must avoid the Steelbook but I am making folks aware that everything is offered on a single disc and the disc is Region locked. EiV are amongst the worst when it comes to AV quality.
I haven't seen anything that tells us if it is even the E.i.V. Disc. I have heard others say it might be from the U.S. Paramount transfer. But isn't eveybody speculating at this point?

The Reviews of the EIV UK disk have it as fantastic picture quality its the same disk that's already available in the Amaray UK release
The reviews were of this disc
1 Disc 3D/2D and extras on the same Disc

In some releases having 3D/2D on same disc yes sometimes than can affect the quality but not all releases does this happen some are still high quality
The UK Disc the release its not affected its a fantastic picture quality and sound quality

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95
The Reviews of the EIV UK disk have it as fantastic picture quality its the same disk that's already available in the Amaray UK release
The reviews were of this disc
True but again subjective. Plenty of reviewers get it wrong big time. That's why I visit AVS or HTF or data bass for genuine reviews from AV philes.

I have had enough with EiV discs. So I stay away. However I agree with you that it is being released in Steelbook format for the first time in the UK as it is a fact and the pricing is kind of decent although the Paramount Steelbook off-late have been selling around the £20 mark.

The only title from EiV I am interested in is Dredd

It is not speculating. Scientifically proven that heavy compression can compromise quality.
We shall see what it looks like. But swapping out or adding a disc is no big deal. I have the U.S. 3D version, and I'll just use that if the transfer is subpar. This is a chance to have a nice Steelbook. You can't find one of the earlier HUGO steelbooks for under $75. So this is worth it, if for only the case itself.
I can't speak to the quality of the transfer until I see it. If it is a Dual layered BD50 it might be just fine.
I have discs that are 2D & 3D in one, that look great on my TV. And I have a 75" screen.

Reactions: lgans316
We shall see what it looks like. But swapping out or adding a disc is no big deal. I have the U.S. 3D version, and I'll just use that if the transfer is subpar. This is a chance to have a nice Steelbook. You can't find one of the earlier HUGO steelbooks for under $75. So this is worth it, if for only the case itself.
I can't speak to the quality of the transfer until I see it. If it is a Dual layered BD50 it might be just fine.
I have discs that are 2D & 3D in one, that look great on my TV. And I have a 75" screen.
It is a dual layered BD50 Disc