I finally found it! My “holy grail”!

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
The fine folks at /r/steelbooks have a good idea that I think could work well here.

Share a picture or pictures of your most recent “grail” discovery.

A “GRAIL” is an edition that might have taken you a while to find, has a good story about how you found it, or is important to you in some way. Grail does NOT indicate value. A $5 find at a thrift store could be a grail to you!

1) where you found it (RETAILER, MARKETPLACE, THRIFT STORE, etc)
2) who produced the edition (if it's a premium or retailer exclusive, please note to help other members! Filmarena, Reel Synergy, BluFans, Zavvi Exclusive, etc)
3) your own picture
4) share your story, if you can!
5) (optional) if you traded for it, what was the trade or how much you might have purchased it for.

INITIAL THREAD GIVEAWAY DETAILS
To kick off this thread and to keep it going, there will be at least one giveaway, maybe more if there’s enough participation!

The more grails you post in single / individual posts, the better chances become!

Prize list:

1 winners of 4k Blu-ray COMPLETE Indiana Jones set
2 winners of 4k Blu-ray Godfather Trilogy set

Last edited:
HDZetas Sucker Punch full slip. (I’m surprised the steelbook with the same art hasn’t been posted yet)

Dayum you brought out the big guns!
Was about to post my very own Hdzeta GRAIL SuckerPunch OC, thank you @KarlieFloss !!!
20230414_171622.jpg
20230414_171638.jpg
20230414_171732.jpg
20230414_171801.jpg
20230414_171745.jpg
20230414_171812.jpg
20230414_171857.jpg
20230414_171908.jpg
20230414_171749.jpg

I didn't post here because I don't have any grails in their classic understanding, in that I did not 'hunt' for anything, ever. I've been collecting since 1997, and basically just bought everything, as it came out. Newer, younger collectors that are late 'to the game' have to find older stuff, overpay for it, buy used (ugh), wait, things like that, but I never experienced that.

As in just having favorites, most important - I do, and it can be a simple DVD Amaray, because the movie isn't even out on Blu-ray anywhere in the world, but I don't think anyone wants to see those.
And if I had to pick favorites, it'd be a couple thousand editions.
My 'take it to uninhabited island dozen' would be a list of a few hundred movies.
The whole collection is a grail, all the releases complementing each other.

To just pick one that's worth most of all, based on size, cost, and running time, would probably be the Japanese exclusive 24 Blu-ray boxset. Now that Evil Disney 'consumed' Fox, I'm even more sure of this purchase.

24BDJapan01.jpg

24BDJapan02.jpg

I'm not, it's a bloody G1 :wacky: Wouldn't catch that in my collection no matter how nice and elusive it is. HDZ FS is a better shout.
Only G1 I kept is the cloverfield DVD steelbook along with the Blu Ray steel because the bossing is crazy on both and they have different finishes (Blu Ray zero DVD matte). Just thought it was a cool design but you won’t catch me with any other G1s

Ever since I found these premium retailers I've been after one of my favorite MCU movies. I find it crazy how rare these are on the secondary market. Well I couldn't find a complete set so I had to piece my OC set together and I'm happy to show my completed set.

Screenshot_20230414_151632_Gallery.jpg

Doctor Strange from Blufans

I didn't post here because I don't have any grails in their classic understanding, in that I did not 'hunt' for anything, ever. I've been collecting since 1997, and basically just bought everything, as it came out. Newer, younger collectors that are late 'to the game' have to find older stuff, overpay for it, buy used (ugh), wait, things like that, but I never experienced that.

As in just having favorites, most important - I do, and it can be a simple DVD Amaray, because the movie isn't even out on Blu-ray anywhere in the world, but I don't think anyone wants to see those.
And if I had to pick favorites, it'd be a couple thousand editions.
My 'take it to uninhabited island dozen' would be a list of a few hundred movies.
The whole collection is a grail, all the releases complementing each other.

To just pick one that's worth most of all, based on size, cost, and running time, would probably be the Japanese exclusive 24 Blu-ray boxset. Now that Evil Disney 'consumed' Fox, I'm even more sure of this purchase.

24BDJapan01.jpg

24BDJapan02.jpg
I'd like to know the films that are locked on DVD only. Please post those.
It's crazy to think that even some large scale movies haven't even seen a HD mastering on Blu Ray!

Ever since I found these premium retailers I've been after one of my favorite MCU movies. I find it crazy how rare these are on the secondary market. Well I couldn't find a complete set so I had to piece my OC set together and I'm happy to show my completed set.

View attachment 553343

Doctor Strange from Blufans

Nice UNCOMPLETE complete set. Paid "nice" price for this one like year ago and would sell it for double that :D nothing less.

My first premium. Bought direct (wasn't aware of GB's at this point) so I set my alarm for the middle of the night. I was proper nervous as I'd never heard of the retailer and there I was on a Korean website about to tap in my credit card details... :wacky:

My first premium, probably my favourite in my collection, the one that opened me up to a brand new world of physical media collecting... Plain Archive's Zero Dark Thirty.

PXL_20230415_110358685.jpg
PXL_20230415_110417973.jpg

I've always love The Matrix Trilogy and when I was looking to find a premium edition of it, I noticed nobody had done any of the matrix movies at the time. I was bummed about it but then I found this on an ebay auction. I had never heard of uhdclub before so I did a little digging and decided that I had to have this edition because who knows how long until a premium steelbook retailer who pick up this series. Well this was my 1st uhdclub edition and it wasn't my last as I have bought a few more movies from them.

Screenshot_20230415_151102_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230415_151116_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230415_151136_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230415_151150_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230415_151200_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230415_151210_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230415_151220_Gallery.jpg

The Matrix Trilogy Leather Edition from UHDCLUB