I Love BluRay Steelbooks. There I Said It.

Metasyntactic

Tetragrammaton
Premium Supporter
Hello everyone,

I'm Jason, from Northampton, England, UK.

My current BluRay collection is around 400 titles, with around 40-50ish steelbooks.

I did spend the time scanning them all into that “Movie Collection” app and I did have a link to my collection somewhere… But some barcodes were film specific and didn’t denote the steelbookness, so I lost interest – as all the glory had been removed.

I've lurked for ages and signed up recently – but now decided to post.

I'm intrigued by “Group Buys” as my understanding is that we all pool our money together, get someone in the <Country of Origin> to buy X Amount of copies then ship them over!? Which sounds. Epic. Genius even.

I tend to check the Zavvi, Entertainment Store, etc etc websites as often as I can to see whats been added. Nothing feels better than pre-ordering steelbooks the day you see them added, only for it to go Sold Out by the evening.

Latest purchases were Lion King 3D Steelbook and Guardians of the Galaxy 3D Steelbook. Gutted I missed out on Frozen Steelbook. Have the 3D for my daughter, but the Steelbook for Dad would have been nice.

Also missed out on Malificent, which I was pretty bummed about – but alas, I managed to involved with more than I miss – which is fine by me :D

Hopefully this is where the forum comes in!

Will try and either find that link to my collection – or will dig out the photos I took about 3/4 months ago when I had them all nicely shelved in their dymo-labelled positions haha!

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL and vurt
Also, whenever I'm browsing and starting following links all over the site – I get a lot of “Error” messages.

Is that because new members like me cant access a ForSale/Trade section (when people mention they are selling a few titles) and when I try and find out info on Group Buys – it always seems to be errored.

Is there a secret club I need to join – or task I must accomplish first?

:LOL: Welcome! That must be one of the longest intros I have ever read :thumbs:

ForSale/Trade section - You need to get your post count up to 20/30 with non-spam one liners...

Importantly, just enjoy yourself on HDN :thumbs:

ForSale/Trade section - You need to get your post count up to 20/30 with non-spam one liners...

Ah, the magic caveat that I so cravingly tried to find!

Ill dig out the details of my collection (then find where that sort of thing gets posted?!) and hopefully ill win over some admirers and join in the conversations with them!

Strangely, I just checked my history and I did post last year! Pfft, didnt get any replies - but ended up just paying top dollar from eBay :(

You know when you just *WANT* that Steelbook. It annoys me that I overpay for people who simply beat me to it.

But I only begrudge them as much as I admire them :D

Welcome jason! It's glad to have you! If I can be of any help over the forums just put @Wreck and I'll be there like Clark Kent coming out the phone booth. ....... maybe. :p

Reactions: Metasyntactic