Innerspace (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

denizen

The Shadow Ninja
Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
South Africa
Release date: June 5, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi - (Pre-order April 22 from 6 PM BST)
Price: £15.99

11419915-4504472422735152.jpg

11419915-1154465126048524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Blade Runner has been done several times now but with the new film coming out this year I am sure that they will raid that cupboard again.

Dumb & Dumber is EV in the UK

It isn't EV anymore the rights are back at Warner which is why it is out of print! (the same thing happened with The Mask and we got that steelbook!)

Last edited:
So.. How about a little Hi-Def Ninja exclusive info? :)

Innerspace - Limited Edition SteelBook Blu-ray coming to Zavvi - Release date: May 1st. (#ZavviExclusive in the UK)

Pre-orders live April 8th 2017 - £15.99

11419915-1154465126048524.jpg

Looks great, love the front art. Instant purchase, thank you

You certainly seem to be able to pull these out of the bag and go where other retailers fear to tread :thumbs:

Don't make me laugh

For someone who loves to research extreme rubbish you certainly have not done research on where else this is being released

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
Despite the 2-disc holder in the pic I'm guessing it's just the 1xBD50 with the only Special Feature being the Commentary and the Theatrical Trailer.

RE:AQ, PQ and Extras from the U.S. edition which is unlikely to be any different to ours:-
The Video and Audio
"For many years, an HD version of Innerspace has been available via digital retailers for years, and aside from some minor print damage, it's a perfectly serviceable master, with a visible grain structure and noticeable detail and clarity upgrades over the DVD. Innerspace was not a hit in 1987, and I don't think anyone would've been shocked if Warner Bros. had just dropped that master straight onto a disc. Instead, this Blu-ray edition features a brand new 1.78:1 1080p AVC-encoded presentation that brings the clarity and crispness of the picture up another level. Color saturation increases noticeably, fine detail jumps another few notches, and depth visibly improves.

However, there are a couple of caveats to this otherwise improved image. First of all, while Warner has avoided their troubling tendency to push the colors teal and orange, the image is noticeably darker than previous versions, which is another tendency that reads like a modern technique to increase the illusion of depth and richness by enhancing shadow and texture.

A DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 mix is provided for the Blu-ray, a lossless upgrade of the DVD's digitally remastered and remixed soundtrack. The film sounds very nice in HD, especially the scenes inside the body, which are immersive and enveloping, and are the scenes where the lossless upgrade serves the mix best. Lossy Dolby Digital 2.0 mixes in French and Spanish (both Castillian and Latin), English captions for the deaf and hard of hearing, and French and Spanish subtitles are all provided."
. . . and:-
The Extras
"The disc's one extra is ported from the DVD release, a fun audio commentary by director Joe Dante, producer Michael Finnell, actors Kevin McCarthy and Robert Picardo, and visual effects supervisor Dennis Muren. Sadly, they mention that Martin Short was slated to join them but couldn't make it, but this is otherwise an entertaining commentary. Dante and Finnell lead the discussion, with McCarthy only chiming in from time to time, Picardo arriving when his character appears in the film, and Muren talking about the special effects sequences. Dante has always been a funny and informative commentator and this track is no different, and those who have yet to listen to it will no doubt find it very enjoyable.

Although in some ways, the fact that Warner released a disc of InnerSpace is amazing in and of itself, it is a shame that no new extras were created. In particular, although Muren is on the commentary, it feels like a featurette on the film's Academy Award-winning effects would make the package feel a bit more complete.

An original theatrical trailer is also included."

Why are you being so hostile? It just makes you look like a complete... doofus

Nothing against you but I'm not the one using the word doofus!

But it made me chuckle at least

Well this looks real nice, two movie posters, I was hoping in my previous post that it would be this image on the back or the other one usually used.

Will have to wait for the late summer to purchase this until goes down to at least £9.99. As much as I enjoy some old classics they are still way over priced.

When will it go live?
BTW - I am fine with new art...but I wish they had put the other art on the back, or on one of the inside panels.
Pre Order will be live on Saturday April 8th
Time not announced yet but I expect will be usual 18.00 (6pm)