Innerspace (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

denizen

The Shadow Ninja
Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
South Africa
Release date: June 5, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi - (Pre-order April 22 from 6 PM BST)
Price: £15.99

11419915-4504472422735152.jpg

11419915-1154465126048524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In a market recently saturated in bland terrible artwork THAT'S how you do a great steelbook! Original one sheet art, high quality vibrant paint and a gloss finish.

How all these £22+ steelbook releases are getting such dire jobs lately and they get it so perfect with this, short circuit, and flight of the navigator,

BRAVO this is fantastic!

This distributor is doing such a great job with these eighties/early nineties classics, I would absolutely love them to get the licences for other classics and release them in this style (gloss, one sheet art, excellent choices for design) like:

The Monster Squad
Elvira Mistress of the Dark
The Gate
Waxwork
Garbage Pail Kids
Big Business
Outrageous Fortune
Terrorvision
Death Becomes Her
Masters of the Universe
Haunted Honeymoon
Critters
The Neverending Story
Batteries Not Included
Ruthless People
Who's that girl
Mac and Me
Bigfoot and the Hendersons
Honey I shrunk the kids
Look who's talking

Most of these listed are available in HD on blu ray in other territories (so the transfers already exist) but haven't had a blu ray release in the UK. If they can put out such high quality steels for titles like Short Circuit, imagine what they could do for some of these.

This distributor is doing such a great job with these eighties/early nineties classics, I would absolutely love them to get the licences for other classics and release them in this style (gloss, one sheet art, excellent choices for design) like:

The Monster Squad
Elvira Mistress of the Dark
The Gate
Waxwork
Garbage Pail Kids
Big Business
Outrageous Fortune
Terrorvision
Death Becomes Her
Masters of the Universe
Haunted Honeymoon
Critters
The Neverending Story
Batteries Not Included
Ruthless People
Who's that girl
Mac and Me
Bigfoot and the Hendersons
Honey I shrunk the kids
Look who's talking

Most of these listed are available in HD on blu ray in other territories (so the transfers already exist) but haven't had a blu ray release in the UK. If they can put out such high quality steels for titles like Short Circuit, imagine what they could do for some of these.
Man, a Terrorvision steel would be ace! Definitely picking up InnerSpace - it looks top notch!

Liking what Zavvi have done on their site for this release with mock-up looking just like the real steelbook :thumbs:

Perfect original poster design front art although would have much preferred a less busy back . . . understand why the steelbook artwork was changed taking into account comments made blaming the original massive thumb and forefinger artwork for the film's less than stellar success.
As Mr. Dante himself said . . .
"The ad campaign was so terrible for that movie . . . It was just a giant thumb with a little tiny pod on it. You couldn’t tell that it was a comedy - you couldn’t tell anything . . . "
and . . .
"In an interview with a French TV station at the time of the movie's release, the best Dante could do was, "It's the one about the guy who gets small and goes inside the other guy" (LOL)
timthumb.php
Innerspace+Poster+by+Darko.jpg
tumblr_myylitgkJC1qh35m6o1_1280.jpg

Simpler image for the back such as this one:-
j7KFtLR.jpg

Sane image also used on the front of various other INNERSPACE releases (DVD, VHS, LD):-
II
V
innerspace-dennis-quaid-vhs-cover-art.jpg
133825_large.jpg
n
CmTZTxYWYAA-XER.jpg
52fe6ff417c6e_54150b.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Co8FL2QUEAEu_g6.jpg

Inner_Space_LLLCD11114.jpg

Reactions: robbodoc
Finally received some feedback from Zavvi regarding this one.

"This steelbook will be available to order closer to the release date. Keep an eye out on our social media for updates"

So its still on but the pre-order date has now moved to an unspecified date. As soon as i hear of the confirmed date, i'll let you all know. So far the release date is still the same.