Release date: March 31st, 2015
Purchase link: Interstellar
Group buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99 (release date price)
Notes:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i wasn't gonna get this but since I was around target today I said if they still have it I will take it if not not a biggie and there they have it, in front of the attire, I was amazed they still had about 10 since this is a popular title, any how I think it was ment to be n thanks that I had a gift card for 5 dollars it was even better! :) the steel even when gloss it is not a great art!

• Informative
Reactions: fleurgasm
Well, i wasn't gonna get this but since I was around target today I said if they still have it I will take it if not not a biggie and there they have it, in front of the attire, I was amazed they still had about 10 since this is a popular title, any how I think it was ment to be n thanks that I had a gift card for 5 dollars it was even better! :) the steel even when gloss it is not a great art!

f140ce6732f04eaa18fe677f30681322009445750488bf2ebb1eafe13f914b21.jpg

i stopped by Target last night in hopes of getting one of these, and they had about 10 left. luckily without any spine slashes or spider tags to mess up the SB

Wow, the special features are fantastic especially the cosmic sounds of Interstellar. Reminded me alot of the quality of the special features of The Dark Knight. Just love this movie more and more with each viewing - this is becoming one of my favorite SteelBooks.

Reactions: nkb32
man, i am so completely put off right now.

called target at 8am and spoke to the dude in electronics asking him to hold one for me till i got in. made sure he knew i wanted the steelbook! he said "i have the steelbook in my hand, and will put it on hold for you in electronics"!! i was pretty pumped my steel was secure....until...

i get there today to pick it up. i check their assortment first and see it's completely sold out. so happy i have one on hold i thought to myself. that is until i got to electronics where there was NO FREAKIN STEELBOOK ON HOLD!!!! seriously, man, the dude even asked for my name??????? best i got out of them was 'well you can buy the amray". unbelieveable. so here i am without one, and will be stuck having to dish out twice as much for one on ebay, which i can't justify with my current situation.

utterly unhappy and just plain pissed off.

i don't normally go around 'quoting' myself, but do so only as a reference point!

when the above happened i was pretty down, man. just seems like so many things lately have turned to crud for me, and this was just another smack down. fortunately, i received a PM from @jcm offering to snag me one from his Target in Texas that still had 6 of them.

i was pretty stoked that my interstellar steelbook dream might still become a reality. the next day he sent me another PM telling me he had it in hand, and just needed my address, which i responded with along with asking if he wanted a check or paypal for his trouble.

his reply to that was: Don't worry about it. I read your post and this is just my way of making the world better one small gesture at a time, enjoy.

to say i was floored is an understatement. just not use to having something like this happen to me. in fact, in my life its typically been the opposite. i've told several people about this and as I told JCM, his kindness has touched them all, typically illiciting big smiles and comments about how nice is is to know not everybody is out for themselves.

so a big time THANK YOU to @jcm who took what was just another crappy situation, and turned into something special and spectacular. you've helped to right what was slowly becomeing a cynical ship, and i'm going to pay this forward by making it a point to go out of my way to be kind and helpful, so that in time it won't be me going out of my way, but just being kind and helpful, just like JCM.

and I could say this a million times and it just wouldn't be sufficient, but once again.....

Thank you, man.