Iron Man 2 (G1 Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Just went up for pre-order - release date is 10/22/10.

51VzqAzXWBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Meh, looks G1 sized to me.

Link

Japan BDs are always VERY pricey. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
IM, IAL & a few others were early releases for Steelbooks, i'm afraid (in my opinion) that as now confirmed some of these are now getting re-released, the exclusivity & collectability of SB's has long since gone..

I don't think any new releases will generate the kind of money that have been seen on the aforementioned titles.

Plus gambling on whether they will arrive unmarked / damaged is another point to consider. By the sounds of the one mentioned, there's no way that will ever sell for what it was purchased for..

Just my humble opinion

I don't think that it's an issue of exclusivity or how collectable Steelbooks are. From a macro perspective Steelbooks are pretty exclusive when you consider the number of units that are produced and are sill very sought after collectibles. Otherwise how do you explain the dramatic increase in the number of titles being sold in Steelbook packaging, the copycat packaging that has emerged, and the increasing number of people buying Steelbooks.

If you are talking about turning a quick buck on a purchased Steelbook, or just plainly acquiring them for a profit, then that game has certainly changed because access to the Steelbooks has greatly expanded. If you are buying Steelbooks hoping to make money in the future then you are going into collecting for the wrong reasons. Most people collect items because they truly want them and by very definition of collecting, to keep those items. The value then in many ways is intrinsic. Monetary value will always be governed by supply and demand, and does not necessarily correlate with "collectability." You can have a highly collectible item but with a run so large that it exceeds demand, which in turn lowers its monetary value.

As far as the pains of collecting and getting mint Steelbooks, I think the same can be said for any other type of collecting. It's just the nature of the beast.

IM, IAL & a few others were early releases for Steelbooks, i'm afraid (in my opinion) that as now confirmed some of these are now getting re-released, the exclusivity & collectability of SB's has long since gone..

I don't think any new releases will generate the kind of money that have been seen on the aforementioned titles.

Plus gambling on whether they will arrive unmarked / damaged is another point to consider. By the sounds of the one mentioned, there's no way that will ever sell for what it was purchased for..

Just my humble opinion