Iron Man 2 (G1 Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Just went up for pre-order - release date is 10/22/10.

51VzqAzXWBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Meh, looks G1 sized to me.

Link

Japan BDs are always VERY pricey. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did cancel my order - since I re-ordered and added a copy of the Crow and Terminator 2.0 (amaray case) in.

Anyway...a friend just indicated me to that this steelbook has been limited to 2500 copies.

I'm trying to get more info for the moment, where he got this news from, etc.

I'll post back here when I find out.

Hmmm, interesting. Thanks in advance for sharing what you find:)

Straight from the amazon listing page...

内容紹介
★amazonだけの2,500セット限定特別仕様「アイアンマン2」Blu-ray2枚組!
★新たなスーツ、新たな敵、新たなる挑戦 ──そのすべてがパワーアップ!
★全面的に驚異のパワーアップ! 大絶賛されたメガヒット・アクション待望の第2弾!
★世界中で前作を上回る大ヒット! 人気拡大! 早くもPART3の製作も決定!
公開された53カ国すべてで前作を上回るオープニング成績を達成! 
主人公トニー・スタークの斬新なキャラ設定や全編にあふれるユーモアが女性層にも好評!
★前作の豪華キャストに強力な新メンバーが加わってさらに訴求力アップ!

Translated into english...

★ amazon Limited Edition of only 2,500 special "Iron Man 2" Blu-ray2 Disc!
New Suit ★, new enemies, power up all its ─ ─ New Challenge!
Totally amazing power ★! The long awaited second major action acclaimed megahit!
Exceed the previous hit worldwide ★! Expansion Popular PART3 already making decisions too!
Opening performance for more than 53 countries in all previous work published!
Favored by full-length and full of humor, female demographic character set novel hero Tony Stark!
Up even more appealing to the powerful new cast members join previous luxury ★!

Well since i paid like $235 for Iron Man steelbook i thought i better bite on this one as well since it's limited to 2500 copies.

I ordered one from Amazon Japan

Here is the price break down (i am in Canada)

Subtotal of Items: ¥ 4,560
Shipping & Handling: ¥ 2,000
------
Total before tax: ¥ 6,560
Tax:* ¥ 0
------
Total: ¥ 6,560
Promotional Certificates: -¥ 0
------
Total for this Order: ¥ 6,560

Which on the XE Currency Site this converts to $82.40 CAD

Well since i paid $235 for the orginial this has got to be a steal

Basically Shipping broke down to $25 CAD what a deal

I just hope it doesn`t get shipped to me damaged in the mail.

Delivery estimate: 2010/10/24 - 2010/10/27
Shipping estimate for these items: 2010/10/22

PHOOEY!

This is going to be DVD sized.

Hello xxxx

Refer to your question below, Paramount JP will use DVD size steelbook but put bluray disc inside.
If you have any question please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

xxx Zong
Area Sales Manager

Scanavo Manufacturing HK Ltd.
Unit 1303, 13/F., Shun Kwong Commercial Building,
8 Des Voeux Road West, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong

This one is 2500 copies so that would tell me its extremely limited so wouldn't this be the most thought after version i realize it's dvd size but with the amount that is produced.

I would think this would be the one collectors will want since the other countries that release this will be alot higher quanties

This one is 2500 copies so that would tell me its extremely limited so wouldn't this be the most thought after version i realize it's dvd size but with the amount that is produced.

I would think this would be the one collectors will want since the other countries that release this will be alot higher quanties

good point, but to be honest, it is DVD-sized, I mean it looks total the same like the FR Version: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B003JBHMMQ/?tag=hidefnin0a-21

I think they will use also the same Steelbook and only put a cardboard around that has some indicates for Blu-ray inside. After unpacking it looks than like DVD Steelbook:ohno:

Hi Shep-there is a thread for this title already-I've merged your post. Thanks!Also, just a little tip,the flag icons are used to show where a Steelbook release is from, when posting a brand new thread for a new SB release. It helps us keep 'em all straight:)

I'll likely skip this Iron Man 2-it's DVD sized, and I'll personally wait for a Blu-Ray sized case:)

Last edited:
Hi Mikey-hopefully there will be other options for you like one from Korea or a German one via trade, etc.Good luck choosing:)

This ones now sold out on Amazon.jp. I'm curious to see how this one pans out in terms of value since it is G1. It does seem to be the most limited in terms of quantity produced.