Picture from other forum;
I1_zps36e6aa1d.jpg

Attachments

• I1_zps36e6aa1d.jpg
    I1_zps36e6aa1d.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 261
Last edited by a moderator:
This is a definite buy for me.

Hopefully there will b a GB. If not im sure Yesasia will sell this as they sold hong kong steelbooks before.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Mark 42 is not the front cover of this steelbook. It doesn't make any sense; Taiwan and Korea (the Steelbook Gods in Asia) have the same front cover just like the other countries. Maybe the retailer made a mistake with that pre-ordering poster but HKD298 is not a bad price. :confused:

The display I saw in the shop had a mockup of the steebook. Maybe its a sample of the steelbook itself. Its showing the back cover as the steelbook opening is on the left.

The price on HMV should be about HKD20-30 more. YA even higher. The smaller shops here in HK are always HKD20-50 lower than HMV.

I'm pretty sure Mark 42 is not the front cover of this steelbook. It doesn't make any sense; Taiwan and Korea (the Steelbook Gods in Asia) have the same front cover just like the other countries. Maybe the retailer made a mistake with that pre-ordering poster but HKD298 is not a bad price. :confused:

The display I saw in the shop had a mockup of the steebook. Maybe its a sample of the steelbook itself. Its showing the back cover as the steelbook opening is on the left.

The price on HMV should be about HKD20-30 more. YA even higher. The smaller shops here in HK are always HKD20-50 lower than HMV.

Thanks for the clarification! :thumbs:

Thanks for the info. Any chance of a pic of the mock up next time you're down that way?

Ok, I asked the counter guy to let me look at the sample. Wouldn't let me take photos.

The sample is real. The front is the arc reactor embossed. No gloss finish. It was sealed shut so couldn't open it to see if any inside artwork.

Thanks for the info. Any chance of a pic of the mock up next time you're down that way?

Last edited:
Ok, I asked the counter guy to let me look at the sample. Wouldn't let me take photos.

The sample is real. The front is the arc reactor embossed. No gloss finish. It was sealed shut so couldn't open it to see if any inside artwork.

Thanks for sharing, that sells me on this one, going to order as soon as it's available.

Reactions: Marina Blue

Sorry, so the front is same as UK, Italy, Spain... with red and large ARC in the middle (and that is embossed)? Or is it Tony kneeling with an embossed ARC???

Lets clarify some things.

The sample I had a hands on look at might not be the version that will be released to the market in HK.

The front of this sample has just the embossed arc reactor image, with an embossed frame. The back is an image of Tony Stark. It should be the same as the UK version, which is supposed to have an embossed arc reactor.

The sample had a slip, like Taiwan steelbooks. The datasheet info on the back looks to be for the HK market and has the IVL name on it, which is the distributor in HK for this release. The final version may not have a slip.

Because the promotional material shows the back image (Stark) as the front, either this sample is not the HK version, or they are showing the back as the front purely for marketing purposes.

The fact that the arc is embossed tells me it will probably be the same design worldwide and that the Italian 3D one I have on order should more than likely be embossed also then.

Time to cancel my Zavvi preorder indefinitely now.

Was hoping for gloss finish though to match my first two Iron Mans. Especially for that price.

Lets clarify some things.

The sample I had a hands on look at might not be the version that will be released to the market in HK.

The front of this sample has just the embossed arc reactor image, with an embossed frame. The back is an image of Tony Stark. It should be the same as the UK version, which is supposed to have an embossed arc reactor.

The sample had a slip, like Taiwan steelbooks. The datasheet info on the back looks to be for the HK market and has the IVL name on it, which is the distributor in HK for this release. The final version may not have a slip.

Because the promotional material shows the back image (Stark) as the front, either this sample is not the HK version, or they are showing the back as the front purely for marketing purposes.

Thanks for the picture domalorite!

Pretty weird how they are marketing this one, totally would have purchased it if Tony was on the front. :(