Mar 7, 2019
Release date: August 12, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £27.99

12132775-6954673283760956.jpg

12132775-1824673284780965.jpg
12132775-3494673283553170.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish they'd release these with the Cap trilogy in amaray form outside of the box with individual slips. I'm aware there is US releases but don't like the artwork

I'll wait for the 8K version... then 4D... then 12K... then 5D... etc etc. :yawn:
One of many reasons I didn’t upgrade to 4K

Plus very few scenes in movies are benefitting from it IMO(least that my eyes can detect)

Love the titleless front though, with a scuffed iron man armour style border.

Tbf, loved the play,com version and half regret trading it for the Kimchi lenti...meh

Reactions: Noodles
One of many reasons I didn’t upgrade to 4K

Plus very few scenes in movies are benefitting from it IMO(least that my eyes can detect)

Love the titleless front though, with a scuffed iron man armour style border.

Tbf, loved the play,com version and half regret trading it for the Kimchi lenti...meh
I'd love to upgrade, but it's far too expensive (for equipment and releases), and I'm happy enough with Blu-ray to be honest, so I'll just stick with what I'm comfortable with AND can afford.

Hang on a sec, someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but the outside border is the same as the original Iron Man 3 Steelbook apart from the same distressed look used on the Cap 4k steels.

It’s as though they have taken the Iron Man 3 steelbook, and then slapped the poster art on top of it. I’m in the States so don’t have my IM3 Steel to hand but I’m pretty sure that’s what they’ve done.

Ugh... why do they have to put those long thin lines across half of the front? I know it's supposed to mimic a poster, but come on... people roll posters up in tubes so they don't get stupid crease like that. All it mimics is a long slash across an otherwise good looking SteelBook.
Iron Man - Poster Lines.jpg

Hang on a sec, someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but the outside border is the same as the original Iron Man 3 Steelbook apart from the same distressed look used on the Cap 4k steels.

It’s as though they have taken the Iron Man 3 steelbook, and then slapped the poster art on top of it. I’m in the States so don’t have my IM3 Steel to hand but I’m pretty sure that’s what they’ve done.
Wow! Good eye. A little color adjusted, but otherwise I think you're correct
Iron Man 3 (Zavvi)

Reactions: IamIroningMan

You're right, but what do you expect? This is Zavvi (or those who approve the artwork for Zavvi to then sell). It's lazy but it's not a surprise anymore. Although prices are getting higher, these are your 'budget end' steelbooks from your 'high street' retailer
(even though Zavvi is online) so finishes are never going to be the best.

You're right about that.....

Iron-Man-3-2013-Blu-Ray-JB-HIFI-EXCLUSIVE-STEELBOOK.jpg

You're right, but what do you expect? This is Zavvi (or those who approve the artwork for Zavvi to then sell). It's lazy but it's not a surprise anymore. Although prices are getting higher, these are your 'budget end' steelbooks from your 'high street' retailer
(even though Zavvi is online) so finishes are never going to be the best.

Finishes have nothing to do with zavvi. It’s the team for that studio who releases in that country/ territory who choose finish etc along with the steelbook making factory

Good spot @IamIroningMan

That’s very lazy