Mar 7, 2019
Release date: August 12, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £27.99

12132775-6954673283760956.jpg

12132775-1824673284780965.jpg
12132775-3494673283553170.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if they continue with the following Marvel titles, here is my take on an Iron Man 2 4K Zavvi Style

View attachment 426918

I followed the Captain America line, same border color on the front, but different on the spine/back.
I made the red more dull on the back to illustrate the physical and somewhat mental health issues Tony has in the movie

Mmmmm...Black Widows bum...

Okay- so is this weird to anyone else?
I thought that the retro-style artwork was something that they were JUST going to apply to Captain America: The First Avenger- because of it’s World War II aesthetic- editing the poster to make it look more like an old-timey poster made sense...

... this made a little less sense to me with Winter Soldier and Civil War- but it was still a part of the captain America franchise so, reluctant pass.

... this does not make sense for Iron Man.

I'm not a fan of viewing sites on a mobile full stop (mainly because I find them too difficult to navigate, and I like everything to be large since I'm blind lol), so I only ever browse them on my PC.
Okay- so is this weird to anyone else?
I thought that the retro-style artwork was something that they were JUST going to apply to Captain America: The First Avenger- because of it’s World War II aesthetic- editing the poster to make it look more like an old-timey poster made sense...

... this made a little less sense to me with Winter Soldier and Civil War- but it was still a part of the captain America franchise so, reluctant pass.

... this does not make sense for Iron Man.
Quoted for truth x2. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187 and Noodles
I admit the red border on this looks odd. When I first saw the mock-up I thought the image was a lenti magnet on top.

One of only 2 MCU films I don't have a Steelbook version of.

Pre-ordered.

Yes this will be extremely sought after on eBay just like the Captain America: The First Avenger 4K SteelBook was and for the same reason. Most SteelBook collectors worldwide will not yet have an Iron Man 1 SteelBook yet.

Captain America 2 and 3 took a lot longer to sell out at Best Buy Canada because a lot of people already had the WWA steels.

I will always take theatrical release poster art over any other art. Which this is.
It all depends for myself.

I'm all for steelbook designs being original and unique (think HMV's The Green Hornet or Zavvi's body Ex_Machina release) as long as they are done right. The two examples I have given are my idea of what steelbooks should be about given that steelbooks in general are a different product to amarays and the like. The reason I got into steelbooks in the first place was because of the material but also that the art was different to the alternatives. I've moved away from all other genres now of course due to expense but I think steel art should be unique.

However, that being said, I think Blufans do exceptionally well when it comes to poster art on their steelbooks and that's their speciality combined with the finish, slips and overall packages.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
It all depends for myself.

I'm all for steelbook designs being original and unique (think HMV's The Green Hornet or Zavvi's body Ex_Machina release) as long as they are done right. The two examples I have given are my idea of what steelbooks should be about given that steelbooks in general are a different product to amarays and the like. The reason I got into steelbooks in the first place was because of the material but also that the art was different to the alternatives. I've moved away from all other genres now of course due to expense but I think steel art should be unique.

However, that being said, I think Blufans do exceptionally well when it comes to poster art on their steelbooks and that's their speciality combined with the finish, slips and overall packages.

I understand that and it makes sense. Unfortunately these days there are so few non-premium SteelBooks like that which are as good as the poster art (which is reserved for the amaray and so not used on the SteelBooks) or better.

Pretty much the only hope for WWA SteelBooks having poster art are re-releases. Oh well. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
I understand that and it makes sense. Unfortunately these days there are so few non-premium SteelBooks like that which are as good as the poster art (which is reserved for the amaray and so not used on the SteelBooks) or better.

Pretty much the only hope for WWA SteelBooks having poster art are re-releases. Oh well. :LOL:
I agree, and that's the problem. The ones that aren't like my examples are lacking and some are just awful imo (zavvi Speed steel and Bohemian Rhapsody off the top of my head for example... although I know many oddly like that one lol) and such basic images and finishes are used.

Remember the days when steelbooks were few and far between?

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Well, lets not hope for Zavvi to return to adding spine slashes for value :thumbs:
Haha
True dat

I remember the worst being Disney's Jungle Book. Must have had 3 copies(last two weren't even sealed replacements) before sending it back for a refund and sourcing from ebay where I could confirm it was scratchless.

I guess I like the art style for this one as it reminds me of the WWA for IM3 which is one of 3 MCU titles I own that aren't premium editions(it has the Taiwan partial slip over the arc reactor which looks amazingly cool but I only imported for the 3D disc as zavvi's was 2D only for maybe £3 less at the time).
Kinda matches. That worn/used armor look

• Thanks
Reactions: GeoRattray