Mar 7, 2019
Release date: August 12, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £27.99

12132775-6954673283760956.jpg

12132775-1824673284780965.jpg
12132775-3494673283553170.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the finish on the 2 cap films and obviously civil war will follow suite. So this should look decent. But yeah that’s so lazy on the old iron man 3 border lol if anything they should have that on the eventual iron man 3 4K release. This should be nuts and bolts or somthing around the edge

Yep... which is why I put what I put in brackets!

Yeah but you ended it with this so was a little confused. That’s why I said finishes are nothing to do with zavvi. Plus zavvi Disney steels have some of the best finishes around. But that’s not zavvis choice.

(even though Zavvi is online) so finishes are never going to be the best.”

I really like the finish on the 2 cap films and obviously civil war will follow suite. So this should look decent. But yeah that’s so lazy on the old iron man 3 border lol if anything they should have that on the eventual iron man 3 4K release. This should be nuts and bolts or somthing around the edge

Yeah but you ended it with this so was a little confused. That’s why I said finishes are nothing to do with zavvi. Plus zavvi Disney steels have some of the best finishes around. But that’s not zavvis choice.

(even though Zavvi is online) so finishes are never going to be the best.”

Ok... well those choice of words are talking about the final product and that generally for mcu steels PUT OUT by zavvi (not designed!) the choice in art and finish is generally mediocre in comparison to the other retailers we love, same goes for HMV, whichever studio chooses the art for these products (to THEN allow the stores to sell).
These are 'high street' type retailer stores so there should be no surprise to any collector now what kinda finishes we get for 'high street' type stores.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
if they continue with the following Marvel titles, here is my take on an Iron Man 2 4K Zavvi Style

Iron Man 2 Zavvi style concept Nathan Lebeau.jpg

I followed the Captain America line, same border color on the front, but different on the spine/back.
I made the red more dull on the back to illustrate the physical and somewhat mental health issues Tony has in the movie

That became unavailable quickly.

Yes I expect all 3 Iron Man 4K SteelBooks will have the same border that they are using for this first one.

I agree, I mean it's art sotospeak so why slap a title on the front, leave it for the spine is what I say and keep the title OFF the front.

I haven't decided how I feel about titles yet now that they are disappearing. Some SteelBooks could really use a title like Captain Marvel at the top with all of the empty space.

Some art suits a title and some don't

Personally I like a front title but some really look great without one. As long as it has a spine title I’m happy tbh. It’s when that’s missing I get p!ssed off

A titleless steel is good if it's for the benefit of the art.

A titleless steel merely because they are selling the same product in different language territories and therefore sacrifice the title... That is an insult to consumers.

I would say this design works completely fine without the title. It's probably better for it.

Some steels have definitely suffered without titles though

So seeing they are doing these types of steels for each movie, will they actually do it for all 3 Thor films as well seeing as the third film was already released in 4k?

Ive personally stayed away from buying these because the fact both Avengers 1 and 2 have been released in 4k steelbooks but with titles on the front. I hate having collections that don’t match so i just buy the 4k amarays and put them in the marvel steelbooks i already own. It’s ashame cause i love all things marvel