Mar 7, 2019
Release date: August 12, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £27.99

12132775-6954673283760956.jpg

12132775-1824673284780965.jpg
12132775-3494673283553170.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve stuck in a pre-order but will be keeping an eye out for reviews pre-release. If these are the same poorly received German 4K discs released last year then i’ll be cancelling.

I love the aesthetic of how it looks like something has cut and pasted a movie poster onto a red steelbook...... NOT!!!

God I hate this, the Cap America ones weren't too bad, but this just looks off with the steelbook having a red background to the movie poster.

I’ve stuck in a pre-order but will be keeping an eye out for reviews pre-release. If these are the same poorly received German 4K discs released last year then i’ll be cancelling.
Iron Man in Germany is not Disney/Marvel: these discs will be 100% different, very likely with ENG Dolby Atmos track and DD+7.1 for ITA/FRE/SPA tracks, just like Cpt. America

Reactions: Punker76
What frustrates me about these releases (and I'm sorry if I point out something you haven't noticed and it spoils your enjoyment) is the horizontal line a quarter of the way down each cover. I can live with the rest of the weathered look but this line is really bad. I'm assuming it's supposed to be like a poster crease, but the positioning of it means it cuts across faces on these covers.

Also, the Captain America ones looked a lot more faded than this one, which is good, but I wonder if this will end up faded once it is released.

My only complaint is I wish the art was moved down a inch

Great companion to the first IRON MAN UK steelbook with the red frame . . . hopefully sticking with same for all three steelbooks:-
1557942746955.png
1557942849596.png

Okay- so is this weird to anyone else?
I thought that the retro-style artwork was something that they were JUST going to apply to Captain America: The First Avenger- because of it’s World War II aesthetic- editing the poster to make it look more like an old-timey poster made sense...

... this made a little less sense to me with Winter Soldier and Civil War- but it was still a part of the captain America franchise so, reluctant pass.

... this does not make sense for Iron Man.
It's called a matching collection and that's sense enough for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Darn , is it actually Sold out or is it Zavvi " sold out " meaning it will come back in stock upon availability date?

I want this one , it would fit nicely in my Iron Man collection

ogpz1hne9k.jpg

You need that red to even up the colours, and the numbers! :D

I'm sure it will come back. It's just so random when it does, and then gone again before you know it.

I actually don't mind the artwork anyway, but do agree that the "aged/worn" look is an odd choice for this particular film... a clean red border (à la the FutureShop or Play steels) would have been much better suited!

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Darn , is it actually Sold out or is it Zavvi " sold out " meaning it will come back in stock upon availability date?

I want this one , it would fit nicely in my Iron Man collection

ogpz1hne9k.jpg
You could put this one in its rightful place (although should be in the first row under the Play.com steels) ...
1557968722326.png

(1st row = embossed steels
2nd row = lenti steels
3rd row = multiple characters)

... and then make another vertical row of three with the new matching steels.

Of course the most interesting thing about the new one is that it's so different to the existing as it's not just Iron Man on the cover.

Last edited: