I Am Iron Man
Visual Effects
Robert Downey Jr. Screen Test
Theatrical Trailers
Galleries
Credits
Iron Man IQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats @Mickle_89! I love mine. I feel like the red banner is a translucent lacquer almost that shows the metal beneath, but if you look at the red banner on the play.com version, it looks like the metal is just a printed effect.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Congrats @Mickle_89! I love mine. I feel like the red banner is a translucent lacquer almost that shows the metal beneath, but if you look at the red banner on the play.com version, it looks like the metal is just a printed effect.

The glossy varnish on the FS looks like it was coated 2x. The FS is really nice no matter how the haters hate the blue banner. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Did someone say, GRAIL?? :whistle::p:D

View attachment 333745

Now, bet you're wondering how much this set me back? :naughty::coffee: Quick lil' story folks... :brb: I acquired this copy from a friendly eBay seller here and after some slight negotiation, he agreed and sent me a private offer for £100 shipped. I've been wanting this for quite some time but didn't want to break the bank with it and didn't think I'd ever own a copy, tbh... :greedy::sorry: Basically, I redeemed 10,000 nectar points I had and converted them into a £50.00 eBay voucher. I'd accumulated those points over a long period of time at my previous job by filling our delivery van with diesel at BP garage every week :D:LOL: I completely forgot I even had those points and we're talking over a year since I left that job so they've just been sitting unused/unspent all that time. Thus, this open but VGC Iron Man Future Shop Steelbook (no j-card and/or sticker though) cost me £50 shipped :cigar: Extremely happy with that and I can now understand the appeal and why remains King of all Iron Man Steelbook's :kiss::hungry: Big blue banner n' all :p

@harry @Sigill
Congrats!
I used to own every single Iron Man steelbooks and sold them with the time... except for a single one... THIS one! A Grail!!!

CONGRATS!!!!
and great stuff about your points converted in EBay money! :)

Congrats mate. The grail days are long gone I am afraid.

Nowadays GRAIL = HYPE.
Are they though? I know the market is incredibly saturated right now but I still think the odd few remain and will comfortably hold their status. Nobody's hyped this Steelbook recently yet here we are and nothing's changed in that respect. I personally consider this THE Iron Man Steelbook to own now I have it in-hand along with Play and Blufans. (And that's not counting the ones we as individual collectors regard as our "personal grails" either ;) Grails, grails and more grails I say :p:LOL:)

Are they though? I know the market is incredibly saturated right now but I still think the odd few remain and will comfortably hold their status. Nobody's hyped this Steelbook recently yet here we are and nothing's changed in that respect. I personally consider this THE Iron Man Steelbook to own now I have it in-hand along with Play and Blufans. (And that's not counting the ones we as individual collectors regard as our "personal grails" either ;) Grails, grails and more grails I say :p:LOL:)

Grails normally fetch 400-500+ but these days not so much. :)

Congrats Mickle, glad you got 1 on your personal wish list!

• Thanks
Congrats @Mickle_89 Awesome price and looks in great condition.

I love this steel as it is genuinely from a bygone era; nice heavy metal used, Blu-border and crazy gloss. I never had it myself as I couldn't justify the price but a friend of mine did and it great in hand.

I'm old skool so I love blu borders (original Play 3-disc Star Trek, German version of Halloween).

• Thanks