I Am Iron Man
Visual Effects
Robert Downey Jr. Screen Test
Theatrical Trailers
Galleries
Credits
Iron Man IQ

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have reached a steady state now where most collectors who want this SB already have it.

I don't see this title pop on many people's want lists anymore. There have already been numerous re-releases which are arguably better than the FS version. The only thing the FS version has going for it now is its history.

Before I bought my FS steelbook, I already have the newer ones but I still craved for the original one. My Iron Man steelbook collection is not complete without the first steelbook ever.

Do you have this steelbook in your collection?

Last edited:
Before I bought my FS steelbook, I already have the newer ones but I srill craved for the original one. My Iron Man steelbook collection is not complete with the first steelbook ever.

Wasn't the first ever blu-ray steelbook :thumbs: "wasn't even the second lol"

Wasn't the first Iron Man steel either. It was "one" of the first! People always go on about PLAY but I bought my Iron Man steel from HMV which came out the day the film was released on disc.

Wasn't the first ever blu-ray steelbook :thumbs: "wasn't even the second lol"

Wasn't the first Iron Man steel either. It was "one" of the first! People always go on about PLAY but I bought my Iron Man steel from HMV which came out the day the film was released on disc.

I meant the first Iron Man steelbook, ever in blu-ray.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Before I bought my FS steelbook, I already have the newer ones but I still craved for the original one. My Iron Man steelbook collection is not complete without the first steelbook ever.

No, I don't have this in my collection.

I was like you and wanted the FS SteelBook for a long time. Then, I saw the Blufans one and got that and for whatever reason all the drive I had to get the FS one was gone.

It is still 'a piece of history' like you say, so I will still purchase it if I come across it. I would even pay a small premium for it just because as you say, it is the "first" IRON MAN SteelBook -- not that it is really saying much. I don't need the "first" SteelBook for any of the other movies, especially if it is not the best looking one. In fact, some of the first SteelBooks were downright horrid in their design and have been improved upon over time.

Such is the same with IRON MAN. I won't deny that it has its history, but its popularity has come and gone for what still remains to be only a mediocre movie. It will still have some special place, like your first girlfriend, or your first car, but then you realize that things get better over time. They always do.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
£245 plus P&P just ended :wow: Is that a genuine factory sealed copy or a good reseal job you reakon? No FS sticker and the back j-card is creased beneath the seal :coffee:

Collectors new and old still want this I think. I even had a noob collector PM me and ask if I knew the current value. It was his first week collecting steels and this was on his want list! Already spent a bomb his first week and he was after a brand new, sealed copy of Iron Man Future Shop :wacky:

...I told him to calm down and pace himself :LOL:

Can't tell if it has scratches down the edge or just reflections. Looks more like scratches.

That's crazy money.

Can't tell if it has scratches down the edge or just reflections. Looks more like scratches.

That's crazy money.
Lots of them have lil scratches .... lil scratches wouldnt turn me off as good luck finding one 100% crazy mint.

Mine is signed by Stan Lee.

Its a great steelbook as its also when they used thicker gauge metal then that of today or even 3+ years ago.

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89 and harry
If you want to get as much money as possible from a grail auction then surely you'll take the best photos as you can
Usually I'd agree yes, but in this case, people see the title "Iron Man Future Shop..." and the iconic Steelbook in a quick pic and they're hooked! :hungry::hungry: I've seen what look like straight up re-seals passed off as "new/sealed/mint" etc and still end for silly money. There will always be naive buyers with more money than sense ;)