Iron Sky (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

Is this the best Iron Sky Steelbook in the world?

• Total voters
Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Street Date: 8 Feb, 2013

Order link:
Amazon JP Buy Link
HMV JP Buy Link

image.jpg

Actual pics thanks to domalorite:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember its an origami cardboard box designed to fit a single steelbook. A bit like FNACs single item packing. No bubble wrapping.

If you buy a single item from amazon.jp you must use the gift wrap option. Only then will it get put in a box.

Reactions: VRob98
I never order anything from hmv, since when I tried a couple of years ago the couldn´t charge my card, claiming theew was some problem with my bank, but it worked fine over amazon.co.jp

They use two types of boxes, both which are the same size. The crap one in your photo and a much thicker and sturdier one that have a double flap opening. Its a lottery which one they use.

But using a box is infinitely better than the awful corrugated card envelopes they otherwise use for single items.

Don't assume a box will save your Japan steels. This is how mine usually show up from Amazon :angry: Their boxes are just SO flimsy...!

img3313py.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ash333
Wow, need to get this, but its deep OOS.
The only hope some copies will pop up just several days after release.

Yeah, I know. But this is big number for this movie. Don't quite understand such a big demand. Plan B is to wait until some amazon.co.jp sellers offer it.

The spine is killer looking in the mock up. No way it can come out in any other country.

Tell em mate !!

I think they just dont get :emb:

very highly regarded !! and very much sought after , even with High price Tag now , so in 2 months after release , If you want 1 , be prepared to pay at least Double :rolleyes:

how can you compare the cheapest mass produced Steel book with totally diff Art work , quality & build to the supreme Japan version !!

I give up :sniper:

Cancelled mine. Nice steelbook package, but having seen the movie there's no way I'm dropping any coin on it, no matter how cool the steel. :ugh:

Seems like the worse the film is these days, the more lavish the steelbook treatment. Shame that some of the better movies don't get this kind of attention.

Yeah I think it was up for less than an hour. Though it'll probably drop back into stock periodically as the release date approaches. I only noticed it was available again while I was searching for other titles.

YEH mate,
i jumped on to their site after i read your previous post but i was to late..going to keep my eye's open and keep checking from time to time myself
Funny but ive not even seen this on EBAY for presale or maybe ive just missed it..:thumbs:

People post back in stock after ordering 1 for themselves. :naughty:

No doubt. That would the smart thing for anybody who wanted one. Though as I said before I've already cancelled my order so I have no interest.

I regularly browse the Jp site, so if I see it as available again I'll post to let people know.

Reactions: BURRAGUM