Jack Ryan : Shadow Recruit (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
We're excited to announce the next Steelbook Exclusive for the Entertainment Store!

logo_19857971_120x30.png

Release date June 2,2014

Pre-order: click HERE (UK delivery only) (Sold out)
Group Buy hosted by: Naughtius Maximus (Click here)

Limited to 1000 with Entertainment Store sticker.

Notes:

Embossed title (only Shadow Recruit, not Jack Ryan)
Spot gloss on front (Chris Pine) and back (entire rotated square area – only the white is not gloss)

shadow.jpg

shadow3.jpg

shadowback.jpg

Last edited:
I'm fed up of these high priced exclusives from Entertainment Store. I suspect Paramount are to blame for the price, but it is still annoying nonetheless. I'll probably pre-order this and see where else it gets released. Jack Reacher dropped to a really low price on Amazon.fr, so if this gets a French release I see no reason why it wouldn't do the same. Personally I don't want to pay an extra £15 or whatever just to say I own the ES version and have a sticker on the front.

I didn't catch this at the cinema, the trailers made it look at bit generic.
The artwork looks a bit dull for me to consider a blind buy.

My theory is that ES come under a fair amount of competition in trying to acquire these exclusives, on top of the fact they are still a small company. I'm sure Zavvi would've wanted Anchorman 2, for example, seen as they have the first one.

This just sadly means that (to me) these releases are unjustifiably expensive, (I'm guessing £25 for this one) which is a shame, as I'd have had all of their recent Paramount releases for a fair price. I think this looks pretty good though, and I hope it turns up cheaply elsewhere in Europe.

wait we have to sign up for a group buy before we know the price?

Price will be added once this info is released.

Some people want the steels no matter the price hence why the GB is created. As ausnew said, no one is forcing anyone to sign up ;)

I will ensure everyone that signs up gets a copy. Roll on Monday! :D

Reactions: IRON MAN
I enjoyed this. Doesn't do anything out of the ordinary but I liked the characters and it had a great central set piece, though not tremendously action filled! Would be a shame if they don't do a follow up as I think they laid some good foundations to build on.

I may be interested in this depending on the price... surely it's going to be £25+ with it being a 1000 print-run (for UK) though.

Love these kind of releases - films that I wanted to see but missed at the cinema and will come in a steelbook. It's great getting films I have seen and enjoyed but it always takes me ages to get round to watching them whereas I know this will be a day 1 watch when it arrives and it's a steelbook to boot. Hope they stick to the usual 11am release like with Anchorman 2 as I have Monday mornings off work.

Love the back artwork, hope it is actually white, bit more trusting with ES and their WWZ was one of the few to be white not silver.

I may be interested in this depending on the price... surely it's going to be £25+ with it being a 1000 print-run (for UK) though.

I would think so, considering how much the recent exclusives have been I would guess this will be at least £25.

As this is most probably a shared print run I will wait and buy elsewhere! Also the price will no doubt be cheaper from another retailer/Amazon....etc

ES Stickers don't interest me...:p

Reactions: IRON MAN
As this is most probably a shared print run I will wait and buy elsewhere! Also the price will no doubt be cheaper from another retailer/Amazon....etc

ES Stickers don't intrest me...:p

I think it will be also release in asia ( korea, taiwan, etc) with the same artwork.

We have to wait and see :cool: