Jack Ryan : Shadow Recruit (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
We're excited to announce the next Steelbook Exclusive for the Entertainment Store!

logo_19857971_120x30.png

Release date June 2,2014

Pre-order: click HERE (UK delivery only) (Sold out)
Group Buy hosted by: Naughtius Maximus (Click here)

Limited to 1000 with Entertainment Store sticker.

Notes:

Embossed title (only Shadow Recruit, not Jack Ryan)
Spot gloss on front (Chris Pine) and back (entire rotated square area – only the white is not gloss)

shadow.jpg

shadow3.jpg

shadowback.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic news!! Thanks for sharing that with us DB ;)

Let's hope it gets the full treatment from Paramount regarding finish

Btw - ES have usually gone live around 11am in the past so might be the same again with this one. Just a guess though

No problem, looking forward to seeing what's next for them as well!

::Staff/Community Manager::

Reactions: zoneism
My theory is that ES come under a fair amount of competition in trying to acquire these exclusives, on top of the fact they are still a small company.

Wrong. ES are part of 2 Entertain, 2 Entertain is owned by the BBC.

Last edited:
Wrong again ;) ES are part of Entertainment Alliance who are nothing to do with 2Entertain, or the BBC.

Then why did 2Entertain appear on their first invoices? If they are part of Entertainment Alliance they are hardly a small company either, in fact quite the opposite - with connections to rather large film companies.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

:dunno: Just checked my ES invoices and can't see any mention of 2Entertain though

You checked the JR invoice as that was the one posted up with the 2Entertain logo printed at the bottom.

Then why did 2 Entertain appear on their first invoices?

:dunno: Just checked my ES invoices and can't see any mention of 2Entertain though

As you say, Entertainment Alliance aren't a small company

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

You checked the JR invoice as that was the one posted up with the 2Entertain logo printed at the bottom.

Strange, as mine doesn't. One explanation for that could be if the Paramount Steels are being sent out of the same distribution centre as 2Entertain stuff. Just a guess ;)

Before I start I think I better put on a flak jacket and a flame proof suit.

Also I have enormous respect for group buy hosts and don't have anything against group buys.

But my point is if a title is only limited to 1000 copies and there are group buy members requesting multiple copies, then between the group buy and the scalpers that doesn't leave a whole lot of copies for ordinary collectors or will we have a situation where inspite of theoretically being able to order it online for ourself we will have to join a group buy to get a steel released in our own backyard. Maybe for ultra limited print runs group buys could be limited to one copy per member (like kimchi has just done). That way more of us have a decent chance of getting a copy without having to sit at the computer all morning. ( I have job where internet access is not available all the time, even on my phone so please don't say you snooze you lose.)

Do we want our community to grow or do want it to remain in the domain of the privelaged few. Just my 2 cents worth.

Rubbish film, should be an easy pass for most people.

So you are the voice of "Most People"? I tend to disagree and I think you speak for yourself. Why not give others a chance to voice there opinions instead of trying to speak for everyone. Everyone is entitled to there opinion; including you.

I think this film :scat: and I've signed up for the GB. Not as good as the book but definitely a good watch. The steelbook looks great, can't wait to have it in hand. :LOL:

Before I start I think I better put on a flak jacket and a flame proof suit.

Also I have enormous respect for group buy hosts and don't have anything against group buys.

But my point is if a title is only limited to 1000 copies and there are group buy members requesting multiple copies, then between the group buy and the scalpers that doesn't leave a whole lot of copies for ordinary collectors or will we have a situation where inspite of theoretically being able to order it online for ourself we will have to join a group buy to get a steel released in our own backyard. Maybe for ultra limited print runs group buys could be limited to one copy per member (like kimchi has just done). That way more of us have a decent chance of getting a copy without having to sit at the computer all morning. ( I have job where internet access is not available all the time, even on my phone so please don't say you snooze you lose.)

Do we want our community to grow or do want it to remain in the domain of the privelaged few. Just my 2 cents worth.

I have to agree with this. Upto 4 copies each for a 1000 print run seems rather excessive as we all know at least 2 will get marked up on EvilBay or used for trading. Surely there should be a limit of 2 at most?

I like this steel though, and I enjoyed the movie so hopefully I can get my hands on this one!

I really like this film and the steelbook but I think I will hold off until closer to the release. I believe this will be a shared release of worldwide artwork and since I open all of my steels a sticker doesn't matter to me.

Reactions: knights2009
So you are the voice of "Most People"? I tend to disagree and I think you speak for yourself. Why not give others a chance to voice there opinions instead of trying to speak for everyone. Everyone is entitled to there opinion; including you.

I think this film :scat: and I've signed up for the GB. Not as good as the book but definitely a good watch. The steelbook looks great, can't wait to have it in hand. :LOL:

I sometimes wonder if some movie goers expect a masterpiece every time they watch a film. For me it is all about adjusting your expectations accordingly depending on the film and being able to appreciate something that isn't the pinnacle of modern cinema and isn't intended to be.

I have to agree with this. Upto 4 copies each for a 1000 print run seems rather excessive as we all know at least 2 will get marked up on EvilBay or used for trading. Surely there should be a limit of 2 at most?

I like this steel though, and I enjoyed the movie so hopefully I can get my hands on this one!

I agree, four copies each is a joke.