10830501-1382696466-934186.jpg

Official HDN Video Jackie Brown | Zavvi Exclusive

[media=youtube]dR3euFkB0sY[/media]

Attachments

• 10830501-1382696466-934186.jpg
    10830501-1382696466-934186.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,470
Last edited by a moderator:
Surely that title goes to Death Proof, by a long long way? I happen to like it though, and tend to think Django is his weakest directorial offering.

Nope, amongst most of his fans JB is generally the least liked, Death Proof on the other hand was seen as poor on release but has gone on to gain a cult following. Not a big Django fan, it has it's moments usually when Waltz is on screen :D

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
...amongst most of his fans JB is generally the least liked,...

What Tarantino fans y'all been hanging out with?

I'm a Tarantino fan. I love all of Tarantino's films.

You like Christoph Waltz in Django?

Well, I like Robert Forster in Jackie Brown. He stole the show. Bridgett Fonda at her was at her Fine'est :naughty:

It was good to see Chris Tucker too. Keaton.

Plus Robert De Niro!

I'm sorry, I don't mean to denounce your fanship,...
BUT
The words "Least favorite Tarantino film" shouldn't even be in a Tarantino fans vocabulary.

I loved Django by the way also.

Nope, amongst most of his fans JB is generally the least liked, Death Proof on the other hand was seen as poor on release but has gone on to gain a cult following. Not a big Django fan, it has it's moments usually when Waltz is on screen :D

I always liked Death Proof, and haven't really heard any real criticism of JB, although it is definitely overlooked by many when talking about Tarantino in general.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

ou like Christoph Waltz in Django?

Well, I like Robert Forster in Jackie Brown. He stole the show. Bridgett Fonda at her was at her Fine'est :naughty:

Plus Robert De Niro!

BUT
The words "Least favorite Tarantino film" shouldn't even be in a Tarantino fans vocabulary.

For all I think Django is my least favourite QT film, your avatar is still badass. ;)

You like Christoph Waltz in Django?

Plus Robert De Niro!

BUT

European fans ;)

And please remember that Blaxplotation films are not popular here in Europe except with a very small niche audience. Critics praised it on release here mainly due to hype after Pulp Fiction, many later revaluating their opinion that in reality it's an overlong film that had until Django the weakest QT script. Many directors make at least one weak film in their careers, that's life! I worship Kevin Smith but would never say Cop Out is a good film. Jackie Brown was a disaster for QT in many places outside the US once the hype died on release, it wasn't with hindsight the followup many fans wanted, and has gone on to become known as the film both by many fans and critics as the overall weakest in his canon.

Personally I DO like all his films on various levels, and when Pulp Fiction came out I was beyond Fanatical I can recite the entire script from memory", but he hasn't made a film that even comes remotely close to that masterpiece since.

That's the reason this hasn't sold out, even with fairly good QT approved art. Maybe if this was a US store it would have sold out, but not in the UK. Hell Dogs sold out and it's art is basic to say the least. Lol

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I remember sitting down and watching Pulp Fiction waiting to be awed. It resulted in a very "meh" reaction from me. It seemed to flow well and then bam, the film was finished. I was left rather underwhelmed, but when I saw Django Unchained and Jackie Brown I was left blown away, more so by the former. I loved the soundtrack and was rooting for the two protagonist characters and love Christopher Waltz in the role and adore that hilarious soft spoken, mild mannered hard man act, I just can't get enough of it!

Not watched Inglorious Basterds or Resevoir Dogs in full, but I loved the opening sequence for RD for soundtrack reasons of course! :)

would this have sold out faster if it wasn't a zavvi exclusive?? things have become pretty scary as of late regarding ordering steelbooks from them. perhaps people are a little wary.
it is a great steelbook, by the way and one of the few steelbooks i have received intact and mint from them in the last few months.

Jackie Brown (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Worldwide Exclusive Art) ...

If I remember rightly, this DID sell out, but they came back into stock and has stayed that way since.

Although Zavvi day it was a 4000k print run, I suspect they have surpassed that and had lots more produced.

I put nothing past that company. They make and break the rules.

Managed to grab a copy of this off eBay for £5.58 sealed the other night so I can't complain. At least that way, I can see it before buying and it's gonna get packaged better, rather than the zavvi lottery where you can quite easily receive a steelbook that looks it's been used as a shield :mad::angry: