USA
Release date: June 27, 2008
Notes: Limited quantity of 2000

rambo.jpg

Actual pictures:
rambo1.jpg

rambo2.jpg

rambo3.jpg

So yeah, I was surprised their was no topic on this one ... it's the holy grail of all things SteelBook. (least, blu-ray steelbook that is.)

Its been sold for $500 and 300 euros just for the empty case alone. Super rare, thought to have been limited to only 2,000 copies.

And this last pic which is nicely laid out came compliments of Tiger, a hardcore collector :)
18968.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club sunnyx. Let me gues you got the used one for 150€ from Amazon.de that was listed for about 2 weeks but is sold now?

Last edited:
Reactions: sunnyx
Welcome to the club sunnyx. Let me gues you got the used one for 150€ from Amazon.de that was listed for about 2 weeks but is sold now?

I wish :hilarious: You will not get a used one for 150 euros now :rolleyes: unless it was defected or missing tatoo. I keep the price private for now :)

I think it's the one that was on ebay over £250 if I'm not mistaken, BuyItNow with best offer, open but mint and resealed, was there for a while and the seller kept on re-listing it, I did make him an offer but got declined twice and all of sudden it was sold/ended last week, it's gotta be that one, totally forgot what he was asking for now hehe, either way congrats for an amazing addition to your steelbook collection bud :scat:

Reactions: sunnyx
I think it's the one that was on ebay over £250 if I'm not mistaken, BuyItNow with best offer, open but mint and resealed, was there for a while and the seller kept on re-listing it, I did make him an offer but got declined twice and all of sudden it was sold/ended last week, it's gotta be that one, totally forgot what he was asking for now hehe, either way congrats for an amazing addition to your steelbook collection bud :scat:

:) Just remember you have Iron Man :hilarious:

That's the same guy I was talking about, on previous page. :D Von_Helmut is the sellers name. About the re-listing thing he did. The last time there were serval Rambo steelbook on eBay. So he removed his item and says it was no longer there. But after that Rambo wave he re-listed it, to keep the value up or higher. ;)

It must be him. ^^

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...UPjUaNhqebDGufmzYj5zw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I find it hard to believe that both Iron Man / Rambo go for this kind of dosh - I personally don't like the artwork much but hey ho! (good films though)

Saying that I'm determined to get the Star Trek (UK) steelbook before the prices rise too much! :emb:

I find it hard to believe that both Iron Man / Rambo go for this kind of dosh - I personally don't like the artwork much but hey ho! (good films though)

Saying that I'm determined to get the Star Trek (UK) steelbook before the prices rise too much! :emb:

Good luck with that. Be ready to dip into savings :hilarious:

I don't get the appeal of Rambo one whereas I do for the Iron Man one.

Would love to get the Star Trek but it's so far out of my reach in $$$.

Reactions: SlimJim24
John Rambo is an amazing steelbook. It has a shiny/bling effect and raised painted effect. It's my second best looking movie steelbook. I can understand why it's one of the sought after steelbook...gotta touch and see it in person. It blows away Star Trek by 100 miles. Star Trek is just too dull and boring...

I don't get the appeal of Rambo one whereas I do for the Iron Man one.

Would love to get the Star Trek but it's so far out of my reach in $$$.

Reactions: Bluprint
Hi folks - let's keep this discussion to the Rambo release. I have noticed some of you are talking about Iron Man and other steelbooks.

A couple of suggestions - there are the normal discussion threads for those items you can visit, and you can also post in the OMG, the price is high thread if you feel the price is extreme for any of these items.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

It'd have to be a pretty good deal for me to buy this steel.

Never seen the movie (doesn't really interest me) but the steel does look pretty cool.
But the tattoo in it doesn't appeal to me at all. Most other steels that offer something with them are much better. Would be cool if instead of a tattoo, dog tags were included instead like IB or something like that.

I bet I'd feel different if I had the steel though.

It'd have to be a pretty good deal for me to buy this steel.

Never seen the movie (doesn't really interest me) but the steel does look pretty cool.
But the tattoo in it doesn't appeal to me at all. Most other steels that offer something with them are much better. Would be cool if instead of a tattoo, dog tags were included instead like IB or something like that.

I bet I'd feel different if I had the steel though.

I got that good deal about a year ago. I paid 100€ for my copy of JR. Unfortunately i´m missing the tattoo but that doesn´t make the Steel less rare!

I got that good deal about a year ago. I paid 100€ for my copy of JR. Unfortunately i´m missing the tattoo but that doesn´t make the Steel less rare!

Yeah. In this case I'd be glad to get a good deal on one cause it didn't have the tattoo. Anyone I would show it to wouldn't even know the tattoo existed anyway. Just helps resale value. So if you're just collecting its all good :D