John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 16, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £39.99
Note: With slipbox and coin. Per Amazon: "Exclusive to Amazon Including Gold coin, Metal Hotel Lobby Card and Slipcase Artwork."

CFBF615B-F00B-4EC5-A4A7-07818A82821C_jpeg.jpg

81C2W5aTTOL._SX342_.jpg
71rYSTWVRSL._SX385_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who are asking what the difference is between Zavvi and Amazon, the answer is in the OP above.

"Exclusive to Amazon Including Gold coin, Metal Hotel Lobby Card and Slipcase Artwork."

Reactions: Shark
Since when did Amazon UK start charging immediately for pre-orders?

I have not been charged for my preorder. Just the usual 1GBP to verify card is valid. I've read that some customers reported being charged on preorders. Don't know what that's about! :confused:

Reactions: Shark
For those who are asking what the difference is between Zavvi and Amazon, the answer is in the OP above.

"Exclusive to Amazon Including Gold coin, Metal Hotel Lobby Card and Slipcase Artwork."
Zavvi’s also has a coin and slipcase....so only the coin colour(assume zavvis IS black) and the Metal Hotel Lobby card are what’s differant.

I can totally see them being identical steelbook wise, maybe even the slipcase art being the same(though I expect this to be the actual difference)

Zavvi’s also has a coin and slipcase....so only the coin colour(assume zavvis IS black) and the Metal Hotel Lobby card are what’s differant.

I can totally see them being identical steelbook wise, maybe even the slipcase art being the same(though I expect this to be the actual difference)

I was thinking that perhaps the slipcase art would be exclusive to them and different from the slipcase art at Zavvi.

I was thinking that perhaps the slipcase art would be exclusive to them and different from the slipcase art at Zavvi.
That’s what I stated i’d expect would be the case, but knowing how ‘exclusives’ aren’t always as exclusive as they seem, it wouldn’t surprise me to see just the card and coin being he difference in these releases,

Would like to be wrong

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
That’s what I stated i’d expect would be the case, but knowing how ‘exclusives’ aren’t always as exclusive as they seem, it wouldn’t surprise me to see just the card and coin being he difference in these releases,

Would like to be wrong

I would think that the gold coin (as opposed to black) and the metal lobby card would make the difference lol.

I would think that the gold coin (as opposed to black) and the metal lobby card would make the difference lol.
That’s what’s i stated I expect. Lol

It’s just not very exclusive though is it?
Same steel, same slip....just some extras being the ‘retailer exclusivity’....

Let’s hope the slip at least varies on each release so we have a choice of artwork.
I would be VERY surprised if the steel was different.
I’d even bet money the steel will be identical Pm both Zavvi and Amazons editions.

I think we are in agreement it’s the extras that would be the variation, garnering each exclusivity claim.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Charged full amount, so cancelled order. New Amazon policy from 8th May they will charge most people on order!

Really?

“Most customers” of “all”?

Weird that they would randomly select certain customers

I haven’t checked in the last 2 days but anything I’ve pre ordered recently has not been charged

I just checked my transactions and yeah I was charged in full for PO of Detective Pikachu. That’s bulls*** Amazon, won’t be pre-ordering much there now with that added hassle.

@paulboland have you been charged?

I'm away this weekend, haven't checked yet!
No I not had any pre orders payment taken
I have done lot of orders since May 8th none have had payment taken early
I not seen any customers based in Rep of Ireland mention they had payment taken early for any pre orders

It has happened to a few UK customers and some customers that are based outside the EU
So far it's mostly a few customers in UK but not all UK customers have been affected yet

Amazon UK website is owned and maintained by Amazon Europe Core SARL
A EU company registered in Luxembourg

All EU consumer rights still apply for those that are based in a EU country

From what I have seen so far this started to happen when some UK customers updated their debit/credit card payment details at start of May
Amazon response and replies to some UK customers contradicts in replies given

This might be happening due UK plan to leave EU but that has not happened yet
UK is still a member of EU and all UK customers still have EU consumer rights while UK still in EU

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Found this on another site when somebody asked about pre-orders and charging straight away...

Thank you for your patience, our billing team have come back to me with the following information.

We're introducing some improvements to payments and authorisations in order to simplify your shopping experience on Amazon.

When you pre-order an item that is yet to be released, we charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched. If the shipping date is set after more than five days, that charge occurs on the fifth day since your order was placed.

We’ll dispatch your item as soon as it gets released. You can check updates to your order status, or cancel your order anytime before it gets dispatched, by visiting Your Orders at amazon.co.uk/you…ers.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game or software item from Amazon, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time you place your order up to and including the end of the day of the release date. If your order qualifies for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, you'll be refunded the price difference once your order dispatches.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.”

———————————————————

So in other words, preorders and out of stock items will be charged on the 5th day after placing an order, regardless of the dispatch date.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Found this on another site when somebody asked about pre-orders and charging straight away...

Thank you for your patience, our billing team have come back to me with the following information.

We're introducing some improvements to payments and authorisations in order to simplify your shopping experience on Amazon.

When you pre-order an item that is yet to be released, we charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched. If the shipping date is set after more than five days, that charge occurs on the fifth day since your order was placed.

We’ll dispatch your item as soon as it gets released. You can check updates to your order status, or cancel your order anytime before it gets dispatched, by visiting Your Orders at amazon.co.uk/you…ers.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game or software item from Amazon, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time you place your order up to and including the end of the day of the release date. If your order qualifies for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, you'll be refunded the price difference once your order dispatches.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.”

———————————————————

So in other words, preorders and out of stock items will be charged on the 5th day after placing an order, regardless of the dispatch date.
Amazon have given different replies to customers
This is another reply amazon have given
Hello,

We’ll dispatch your item as soon as it gets released. You can check updates to your order status, or cancel your order anytime before it gets dispatched, by visiting Your Orders at Amazon Sign In .

Immediately after you place an order, we now request your bank to authorise the full order amount. At this stage you’re not being charged yet – your bank is reserving the funds until the transaction processes.

We only charge the full order amount when all the items included in your order have been shipped. Should an item require more than 5 days for dispatching, your payment method is charged on the fifth day since your order was placed.

This new experience will avoid processing multiple authorisations and charges for the same order.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Jem G.

The above amazon reply contradicts itself
1)We charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched

2)We now request your bank to authorise the full order amount. At this stage you’re not being charged yet – your bank is reserving the funds until the transaction processes.

3)We only charge the full order amount when all the items included in your order have been shipped