UK
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 14 Votes
Title: Joker - In theaters October 4, 2019

Tagline: Put on a happy face.

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Todd Phillips

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix

Release: 2019-10-04

Plot: A failed stand-up comedian is driven insane and becomes a psychopathic murderer.

I knew this was going to be something different and quite special. And after yesterdays trailer Im even more convinced. My all time wish was Willem Dafoe for the Joker role, but Phoenix is a damn good choice and from the looks of it its going to work really well. Set in the 80s plus a film about the character, no cgi fest or big action sequences including others - a big thumbs up!!!

Its got that Killing Joke vibe and yeah, it is different without Batman, Red Hood or the falling to the acid part, its a different take on it and if done right I think we have a winner. There is no definite Joker origin story so this would be just one of them and people need to be opened to that and accept its going to be just a one separate film without the Marvel universe style.

Watched the trailer many times and what also excites me is the choice of composer for this film. Hildur Guonadotir, frequent collaborator of the late Johann Johannsson, heard her score for Sicario 2 and really enjoyed it, I think she could make a good dark atmosphere on this one.

I still can't believe the guy who's directing this is the same guy who directed The Hangover, Old School, Road Trip, Starsky & Hutch, Due Date etc.
Lol. I thought that, but then I remember the director of Green Book also directed Dumb and Dumber, There's Something About Mary, Me, Myself and Irene, Shallow Hal

Reactions: Noodles
Lol. I thought that, but then I remember the director of Green Book also directed Dumb and Dumber, There's Something About Mary, Me, Myself and Irene, Shallow Hal
I still need to see that. Had no idea who directed it, but that is surprising!

What about THAT! I have watched this trailer about 8 times now and get chills EVERYTIME we see him laugh first whilst watching that stand up (presumably). I cannot wait to see Phoenix's joker! The man is one of the best actors working today and can only do this role justice!

I'm always willing to give people a chance (I was team Batfleck from the beginning), and I'll certainly give the film itself a chance too... hell, I'll probably end up loving it! I'm just disappointed that WB clearly don't have a major plan with the DC universe and are chucking films out randomly without any real thought. Credit where credit's due... Marvel have set up their universe perfectly and WB should take notes.
I think it would be a very cool take tho that if the beginning of a new universe started with the creation of the villain in itself. So maybe it ends with the intro of Batman.

56367336_640873506336404_6967815703038525440_n.jpg

this movie looks much more different than I thought it would be ...it's not a bad thing.
the idea to tell a drama story of Joker is nice and could work well, when they doing it right. it's also quite refeshing compared to the last comic movies.