UK
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 14 Votes
Title: Joker - In theaters October 4, 2019

Tagline: Put on a happy face.

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Todd Phillips

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix

Release: 2019-10-04

Plot: A failed stand-up comedian is driven insane and becomes a psychopathic murderer.

Sorry, yes, should have posted it Christopher Shy. Has made similar posters of other movies too ...

Edit : has online shop, pretty expensive posters ... but awesome ...
Christopher Shy's work is readily available at http://www.woodennickelartworks.com/products
I have a bunch of his posters, including the ones used for The Thing box sets from Germany.
4E5EB9EA-1DE9-466B-ACA5-716EE088F141.jpeg

You can find a bunch of his work cataloged HERE in our Movie Poster & Pop Culture Art Forum.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
Reactions: C.C. 95
One can hope Phoenix will appear in Reeves' Batman trilogy at some point... probably unlikely though.

That is a worry I have with what WB is doing here.

This side Joker movie is suppose to be standalone. One and done.
Then you have the Jared Leto Joker (which still exists in Birds of Prey & SS etc).

And now having this new Batman trilogy without a Joker would be disappointing.
I just can't see them casting a 3rd joker? If they could get Phoenix, that would be great. I just don't think that was the plan when he agreed to do this.

Lets just say its confusing times. haha

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and vexred

Then you have the Jared Leto Joker (which still exists in Birds of Prey & SS etc).

I just can't see them casting a 3rd joker? If they could get Phoenix, that would be great. I just don't think that was the plan when he agreed to do this.

I'd prefer they gave Joker some time off in this Reeves trilogy. Batman along with Spider-Man has the best villain's in comics. I really want to see Mr Freeze and Riddler on the big screen. Mr Freeze especially needs redeeming from Arnie's version.

I think Leto should get another opportunity in a Suicide Squad sequel or one of the other side films.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

Yeah, two Joker's is already too many IMO, and pretty confusing, like you said. If they do decide to include Joker, however, then I'd hope it'd be Phoenix's... I'd rather have no Joker at all than Leto's godawful incarnation. :wtf:

I'd prefer they gave Joker some time off in this Reeves trilogy. Batman along with Spider-Man has the best villain's in comics. I really want to see Mr Freeze and Riddler on the big screen. Mr Freeze especially needs redeeming from Arnie's version.

I think Leto should get another opportunity in a Suicide Squad sequel or one of the other side films.
Yeah, come to think of it... I actually agree with this. Not every Batman series needs to include Joker... Nolan already perfected the character with Heath, so why even bother? There are so many other cool Batman villains they could use that have never been seen on the big screen before.

This year is flying by. Only 3 months until this is out.

I know right :) I will be taking the day off work to see this one on release, so can not wait for this especially with comments like this from the test screening

Wanted to chew on this for a couple hours before saying anything: JOKER screened tonight. It’s a movie that is casual in its nastiness, a series of continual punches to the gut. If you’re into that sort of thing, you’ll love it. If not… (I am)”

• Thanks
Reactions: GeoRattray