JSDVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to JSDVD?
A) http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?language=us

Q) I haven't mastered Taiwanese yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser or click on the English sign:
icon.gif

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to create an account >> Fill in details >> click on 'continue' >> Done

Q) Do they ship outside of Taiwan?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available. EMS shipping price list HERE

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe. See pics: (Thanks to The Rainmaker)
As promised, here are the pictures of the packaging by JSDVD. Please feel free to add these pics to the OP so that everyone can have a look before buying from them.

I find their packaging totally bulletproof. As you can see in the first picture, the box arrived in a completely bashed and torn condition:

View attachment 43021

View attachment 43022

They used 3 layers of bubble wrap on the outside that absorbed the impacts of the outside world:

View attachment 43023

Inside those 3 outer layers of bubble, each individual steelbook was wrapped in 3-4 layers of bubble on each side:

View attachment 43024

And finally, the flawless steelbook:

View attachment 43025

I hope I could help ;)

Cheers :thumbs:
Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly - just add your note in the comments box:
rsz_jsdvd.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged for the ITEM upon ordering, but shipping costs are charged separately once ready for dispatch. (you will receive an email, check spam folder)

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card only - TIP - when paying ensure you click on 'Perform normal payment' shown here:

rsz_1jsvspayment.jpg

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate,

I previously ordered 5 and got hit by customs even though I requested to be marked as GIFT. I can't remember if I asked to undervalue however I believe RajLondon HDN member here also had a similar situation when he ordered over 4.
The shipping fee you can lower if you don't request EMS(tracking)

Thanks

I don't understand why when you order 3 it passes through ok and when you order more customs get hold of it, as 3 is already well over the limit.

Correct, every time I order 3 steelbooks it arrives A-OK. When I ordered 5 I got hit with customs.

But sometimes as TW steels seem to go OOS so quickly you don't have much choice as I believe JSDVD insist on shipping all items together.

Yes, there's that as well.

All ones that I ordered are still in stock. Do I contact them to cancel it, as I'm guessing my card has already been charged for them without the shipping?

I will have to order in batches of 3 then pay shipping and so on.

What a ******* pain. :angry:

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Also forgot to ask you both just for future reference, who charged you in relations to customs? Royal Mail? Parcelforce? Courier?

I don't understand why when you order 3 it passes through ok and when you order more customs get hold of it, as 3 is already well over the limit.

Yes, there's that as well.

All ones that I ordered are still in stock. Do I contact them to cancel it, as I'm guessing my card has already been charged for them without the shipping?

I will have to order in batches of 3 then pay shipping and so on.

What a ******* pain. :angry:

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Also forgot to ask you both just for future reference, who charged you in relations to customs? Royal Mail? Parcelforce? Courier?

I think it's to due with weight aswel why it attracts custom when ordered over 4.

Can't remember who charged me..,

Reactions: SteelbookedUp
You most probably have already been charged. So unless you use a credit card with 0% on foreign transactions be prepared to loose out on the currency differentials. So you will have been charged once to pay and then will be charged again once you're refunded (on the foreign transactions).

Depends on what you order I suppose. If its in stock now, it might not be there in a week once they've dispatched the others.

I can't remember but I think it as parcel force. Was a very long time ago now.

Reactions: SteelbookedUp
As long as your order is not ship, you can request to cancel your order.
Not sure how UK CC charges works but when I asked for refund, the whole transaction would be cancel and full amount refunded to me.

Just been whacked for UK duty £21 on 3 x Steelbooks even though I wrote Gift, $20

If you know, by the tracking number, the parcel has been held for duty, you can call ParcelForce on 0844 800 4466 and go through the options and actually speak to someone to go through the payment stuff.

Reactions: Marina Blue
My first parcel from them and i received last week. It takes 4 days and i have to pay £30 for 7x steelbook. I chose ems to track my parcel and now i ordered 4x copy and i hope im gonna hit customs next month:D

I'm from the UK and came over to HK to work a few years ago. I was a member of a forum importing console games and manga vids. A lot of us were being slapped with VAT even having the package marked down and labelled gift. What we surmised was that "gift" items were randomly picked out, scanned for what's inside and then VAT added according to what they thought it was worth. Otherwise why would you have to pay VAT if the item "only" cost £10?

This is the oldest trick in the book and everyone does it to avoid paying tax. You don't think C&E don't know this also?

You can avoid them once or twice, or even many times making you think it really works. But it won't work every time.

Hi, just received my order of three steelbooks and 2 of them have paint chips, one of the a small one in the side and another 2 in the front. Does anybody know how is their return policy?

I ordered before and I never had this problem, so I don't really know how everything is going to work out.

Please if somebody had this problem before, help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi, just received my order of three steelbooks and 2 of them have paint chips, one of the a small one in the side and another 2 in the front. Does anybody know how is their return policy?

I ordered before and I never had this problem, so I don't really know how everything is going to work out.

Please if somebody had this problem before, help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Was one of them Snow White Huntsman by any chance?

Just had the same. Not happy. Sent pictures to the owner of JSDVD and am awaiting his response.

Forgot to add box and steels inside were well packed, so not a chance this happened in transit as each steel was smothered quite literally in bubble wrap.

Last edited:
Was one of them Snow White Huntsman by any chance?

Just had the same. Not happy. Sent pictures to the owner of JSDVD and am awaiting his response.

Forgot to add box and steels inside were well packed, so not a chance this happened in transit as each steel was smothered quite literally in bubble wrap.

Curious to know what we're the issues with Snow White & the Huntsmen? I received mine and it looks fine on the outside.

Also communicating thru email is hit & miss. I tried reaching out and they either respond with a short answer or nothing at all.

Curious to know what we're the issues with Snow White & the Huntsmen? I received mine and it looks fine on the outside.

Also communicating thru email is hit & miss. I tried reaching out and they either respond with a short answer or nothing at all.

Guessing yours didn't have these:

SnowWhitePaintChips1_zpsba4d9872.jpg

SnowWhitePaintChips2_zpsa0372e85.jpg

SnowWhitePaintChips4_zps56a27d09.jpg

SnowWhitePaintChips5_zpsba952937.jpg

SnowWhitePaintChips3_zps14309d9c.jpg

I knew they were chips when I first examined them. Then tested by moving shrink wrap with finger to confirm.

Never had a steelbook so covered in paint chips. :angry:

I've sent him all these pictures.

Reactions: AlexG
By looking at the pics I can say the top three don't have those chips. But the bottom 2 yes it does appear to have those issues. The 4th pic I noticed off the bat and wouldn't be surprised if alot of customers who ordered had the same problem because of the location.

Also compared my copy to Chip's Ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snow-Whit...lbook-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-Taiwan-/190760523344

His doesn't have the same marks using the zoom feature.

Thats chipvideo's ebay account?....lol if it is i just bought Underworld Jp version from him last night....:hilarious:

But honestly did he take shots from the side. Thats the real question cause it could have those same markings. :dunno:

Check the pic I posted in the SW&H Thread..

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=438230&postcount=51

Last edited:
I bought two of them and one came perfect ( now I might double check it ) and the other one with a quite big paint chip on the side not on the spine...

Waiting for an answer

Just so you know I sent JSDVD an email regarding SW&H issues and they replied with this:

Dear Customer,

We're sorry to hear that, but we carefully check every single one before shipping, just like collectors.

We wouldn't shipping if have any damaged.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards

JSDVD.com

What!!!

So they are not going to exchange the steelbook???

I had today an email from yesasia sayingmthat they can give me a 5 $ coupon for my damaged copy of Spider-man.... Are we crazy !!!

I never had an answer yet from jsdvd...

What!!!

So they are not going to exchange the steelbook???

I had today an email from yesasia sayingmthat they can give me a 5 $ coupon for my damaged copy of Spider-man.... Are we crazy !!!

I never had an answer yet from jsdvd...

I'm afraid so. Thats the risk when you order from them or anyother website overseas. In my email I mentioned returns for members from other countries but they skipped that question entirely.

That's no good at all.

Seriously lately I have been thinking on quitting collecting steelbooks, they seem to come almost everyone that I have ordered with paint chips, and when they do they don't exchange it.

I'm not here to loose money...

That's no good at all.

Seriously lately I have been thinking on quitting collecting steelbooks, they seem to come almost everyone that I have ordered with paint chips, and when they do they don't exchange it.

I'm not here to loose money...

Don't get disheartened. It happens to all of us at some stage.

I ordered Total Recall, which came today and it was fine.

At worst you can sell it/trade it and get your money back. ;)