JSDVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to JSDVD?
A) http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?language=us

Q) I haven't mastered Taiwanese yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser or click on the English sign:
icon.gif

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to create an account >> Fill in details >> click on 'continue' >> Done

Q) Do they ship outside of Taiwan?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available. EMS shipping price list HERE

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe. See pics: (Thanks to The Rainmaker)
As promised, here are the pictures of the packaging by JSDVD. Please feel free to add these pics to the OP so that everyone can have a look before buying from them.

I find their packaging totally bulletproof. As you can see in the first picture, the box arrived in a completely bashed and torn condition:

View attachment 43021

View attachment 43022

They used 3 layers of bubble wrap on the outside that absorbed the impacts of the outside world:

View attachment 43023

Inside those 3 outer layers of bubble, each individual steelbook was wrapped in 3-4 layers of bubble on each side:

View attachment 43024

And finally, the flawless steelbook:

View attachment 43025

I hope I could help ;)

Cheers :thumbs:
Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly - just add your note in the comments box:
rsz_jsdvd.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged for the ITEM upon ordering, but shipping costs are charged separately once ready for dispatch. (you will receive an email, check spam folder)

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card only - TIP - when paying ensure you click on 'Perform normal payment' shown here:

rsz_1jsvspayment.jpg

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered 3 dark knight rises but only got 2. Has this happened to anyone before? I've sent them an email but how will I prove my case.

I ordered 3 dark knight rises but only got 2. Has this happened to anyone before? I've sent them an email but how will I prove my case.

Often on international customs or shipping forms there is a weight specified somewhere. If so, maybe see if that weight corresponds to 2 steelbooks or 3 being in the package, and use that to prove your case?

Sadly, as many are finding, JSDVD are not the best at customer service, and woe betide the buyer if anything goes wrong because it's tough to even get a response from them.

Good luck with your claim and keep us posted.

Reactions: poncholo
The weight of the package will determine if they packed 2 or 3pcs.
That's the only element you can argue on.

Not sure why you guys having problem getting a response from them, when I asked them to change my order by email, it will be done within 24hrs. Could it due to time difference ? That's why they took longer then usual to reply ?

Last edited:
Not sure why you guys having problem getting a response from them.Could it due to time difference ? That's why they took longer then usual to reply ?

The last time I emailed them (over a missing shipment), they never replied at all. It seems to me they're happy to sell, but not too interested when things go wrong.

At least that's my experience. Others may have a different one.

Not sure why you guys having problem getting a response from them, when I asked them to change my order by email, it will be done within 24hrs. Could it due to time difference ? That's why they took longer then usual to reply ?

When i emailed them to cancel the avatar ironpack, they did so in a few hours. Now since it's something more serious, they haven't replied.

The weight of the package will determine if they packed 2 or 3pcs.
That's the only element you can argue on.

The thing is I also got the 2 booklets along with the steelbooks which each one weighs only 9 grams less than a steelbook, so in reality it looks like i got 4 steelbooks now lol (0.9 kgs total weight). This blows

Not sure why you guys having problem getting a response from them, when I asked them to change my order by email, it will be done within 24hrs.

When contacting them, do you use the 'contact us' form that is part of the website, or do you have a specific email address to use?

I've placed a couple of orders for instock items in the past week but no shipping invoice. Anybody had a shipping confirmation in the last 7 days?

I didn't realize there were so many issues with JSDVD....I ordered RE5 back in November, still not shipped, and I can't get any answers from them.

My first ever order with JSDVD shipped this morning, I really hope there are no issues. Especially since they charged me almost £13 shipping on ONE steelbook.

Also, I didn't receive a shipping notice via e-mail I just had to keep checking the status of my order.

I'm really surprised with all this comments, I received my Bourne legacy together with resident evil Steelbook from them today. No issue what so ever.
They promised to ship me the spider-man comics as they miss it during the last shipment but its not in, so I emailed them and got their replied within 24hrs stating the comics would be sent together with my taken 2 order.

I wrote English but they replied in traditional Chinese though, so if you guys needs any help so let me know. I can get in touch with them and check out what's wrong with it.

Reactions: ash333
My first ever order with JSDVD shipped this morning, I really hope there are no issues. Especially since they charged me almost £13 shipping on ONE steelbook.

Also, I didn't receive a shipping notice via e-mail I just had to keep checking the status of my order.

CaptainCoffee I have just placed my order with them 2 days ago for the Salt Steelbook and it has been showing Packing since yesterday! Can I ask you what it states on your order page when you have to pay for shipping?

Is there a message asking you to complete shipping payment?

I have already paid for the Steel but not shipping yet and the status of my order is showing packing!
Will it update when you have to complete the shipping payment?

Thanks. :D

Last edited:
I'm also surprised by the comments... I've ordered all my TW steels from them and never had a problem. They always give me a heads up about paint chips/would i like to cancel or keep it and so on...

They agreed to combine my parcels into one and mark the value down etc. They always respond to my emails promptly (within a day).

Check your email, they will send you email with shipping cost.(which is an item)
You need to checkout again like you did the last time.

CaptainCoffee I have just placed my order with them 2 days ago for the Salt Steelbook and it has been showing Packing since yesterday! Can I ask you what it states on your order page when you have to pay for shipping?

Is there a message asking you to complete shipping payment?

I have already paid for the Steel but not shipping yet and the status of my order is showing packing!
Will it update when you have to complete the shipping payment?

Thanks. :D