Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: July 28, 2015
Price: $18.99
Purchase link: COMING SOON
Group buy:
apsmith21

A few of you have reached out and asked me if I'd be hosting a group buy - as a result, I asked our contacts today and there is a Gods and Monsters blu-ray steelbook for the USA and it likely will be a Target exclusive again.

Pic courtesy wolverinejmc
justice.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm not sure about this one, ive bought all the DC steels from ap's gb's, but the look of this movie doesnt look great and is not connected with the other animated movies.

Sorry if slightly off subject but great news anyway.

News straight from the SDCC Bruce Timm will be bringing The Killing Joke in 2016, the Brian Bolland cover would make an awesome Steelbook.

Also announced Justice League Vs Titans & Batman Bad Blood.

Sorry if slightly off subject but great news anyway.

News straight from the SDCC Bruce Timm will be bringing The Killing Joke in 2016, the Brian Bolland cover would make an awesome Steelbook.

Also announced Justice League Vs Titans & Batman Bad Blood.

I wish they'd stop doing adaptations and make original stories for the cartoons. Some of the adaptations have been fantastic of course, like The Dark Knight Returns, but why not use the format for new things instead? There were so many fantastic original stories in Batman Animated and Justice League Unlimited that it seems like these movies are becoming wasted opportunities.

As for The Killing Joke as an animated movie, I think there's the issue Bolland's art style. A big part of it is the level of detail and how he colours his work, and I just don't see it working once they simplify it down to DC's house style for animation. I mean, It didn't really work for Frank Quietly in All Star Superman, and Bolland is even more intricate.

I wish they'd stop doing adaptations and make original stories for the cartoons. Some of the adaptations have been fantastic of course, like The Dark Knight Returns, but why not use the format for new things instead? There were so many fantastic original stories in Batman Animated and Justice League Unlimited that it seems like these movies are becoming wasted opportunities.

As for The Killing Joke as an animated movie, I think there's the issue Bolland's art style. A big part of it is the level of detail and how he colours his work, and I just don't see it working once they simplify it down to DC's house style for animation. I mean, It didn't really work for Frank Quietly in All Star Superman, and Bolland is even more intricate.

I think i prefer the direct comic book adaptations from pre-52 era, as all the stuff they have done lately has been very poor and not a patch on stuff like Under the Red Hood or Crisis on Two Earths