Release date: January 29, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99

01-80033.png
02-80033.png
03-80033.png
01-80033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the artwork, but not on a steelbook... especially with the title squashed in the corner like it was an afterthought.

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
I like the artwork, but not on a steelbook... especially with the title squashed in the corner like it was an afterthought.

Same, I have the comics and love them, but not on a steel for the film. Really hope Manta come back and match the first one with something good

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Manta was really hurt when Fox released their WEA Steelbook Design on another WWA Generic Steelbook release
and also their WEA Design of their own 1/4 Slip.
Even though they were cheap knock offs, they still were Upset that Fox did or allowed this.
I of course would LOVE Manta to do a WEA for the sequel, but I don't know how they feel after FOX just gave them such a slap in the face.

Manta was really hurt when Fox released their WEA Steelbook Design on another WWA Generic Steelbook release
Even though they were cheap knock offs, they still were Upset that Fox did or allowed this.
I of course would LOVE Manta to do a WEA for the sequel, but I don't know how they feel after FOX just gave them such a slap in the face.

FOX is out of control...Look what they did to Kingsman 2 / Logan

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S and harry

Same art, VERY different finish! the finish is what makes a steel, look at Kick Ass 2, UK steel great, German steel ULTIMATE! with same art. Manta need to sort this!

Same art, VERY different finish! the finish is what makes a steel, look at Kick Ass 2, UK steel great, German steel ULTIMATE! with same art. Manta need to sort this!

Yes I did discuss this with Manta and brought up this point, but they still feel like the rug was pulled under their feet.

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S
I don’t understand why the classy original artwork has been binned for this hand drawn monstrosity. (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S
Dear admins, moderator,s site founders, so sorry, but this is F***ING UGLY and DISGUSTING!!! The WORST design since years, decades!!!

I hope, Fox will be notified b y the outrages welcome of this design and it will be cahnged.

This is NOT "HMV Exclusive"!!!!!!!!!!

Filmarena released this desing as WWA (World Wide Artwork), so it will be the "nternational design" just like tha "drawing graphics style" about "Spi-der Man Homecoming", which is also ugly! - But Filmarena Exclusive design (FAC Edition 5A (UHD +BD3D+BD2D) and 5B (BD3D+BD2D), unnumbered, is much better nad not so much, just a little more expensive than it., just a tiny bit.

RTFM - At the descripton, HMV writes down it will includes UHD BD and BD too! OMFG, you buy BD steelbook for the first time? So, wtf is for this b****ing?

This would be better solution:

front - main movie poster (white)

back - A big Golden Circle, nothing else

Inside - main movie poster, in banner, "16:9" version. You know what I mean!

Period! simple, elegant, period!

Dear admins, moderator,s site founders, so sorry, but this is F***ING UGLY and DISGUSTING!!! The WORST design since years, decades!!!

I hope, Fox will be notified b y the outrages welcome of this design and it will be cahnged.

This is NOT "HMV Exclusive"!!!!!!!!!!

Filmarena released this desing as WWA (World Wide Artwork), so it will be the "nternational design" just like tha "drawing graphics style" about "Spi-der Man Homecoming", which is also ugly! - But Filmarena Exclusive design (FAC Edition 5A (UHD +BD3D+BD2D) and 5B (BD3D+BD2D), unnumbered, is much better nad not so much, just a little more expensive than it., just a tiny bit.

RTFM - At the descripton, HMV writes down it will includes UHD BD and BD too! OMFG, you buy BD steelbook for the first time? So, wtf is for this b****ing?

This would be better solution:

front - main movie poster (white)

back - A big Golden Circle, nothing else

Inside - main movie poster, in banner, "16:9" version. You know what I mean!

Period! simple, elegant, period!
It is HMV exclusive in the UK
Hmv are only a retailer and don't do any artwork design with steelbooks that's done by the film studio

A steelbook listed as exclusive with a retailer don't mean it won't be released in other countries

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
If ever proof was needed by me that the steel book community has become bloated with poor rereleases, sub par hand drawn and crappy Mondo artwork and a general lack of effort then this release would provide it.

Shocking,.............

I agree. Just a quick glance over the thread pictures reveals an insane proportion of hand drawn releases now. I don't want any of this crap on my shelves :vomit:

Reactions: leelee17
Confirmed...

Noooooo

Too clash Pay an image when compared with the first movie steelbooks, so will cancel as soon as I am able to score one of the nicer alternatives. Will keep this as a last resort, as I love the movie and can’t bring myself to have a lowly Ameray copy.

It's nice they're releasing a Kingsman 1 steel to go along with this one but I just can't get over the poor execution. The tiny title. The images used are all different and squashed together and make no sense, no cohesion at all. Julianne Moore looks like an oompa loompa. I like the idea of a graphic novel-style set of artworks but they just didn't do it right.

Yeah i cancelled my one and went with the normal amaray case. Not feeling the art. They didn't really put any effort into this artwork. Its as if they gave it to a 5 year old and said to draw away.

Oh well at least it saved me a few pounds.