Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #13) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: July 13, 2015
Price: 699 CZK (26.40 €)
Purchase link: FilmArena

GB Closed:
carllenc

Numbered

KingsmanThe Secret Service.jpg KingsmanThe Secret Service_.jpg

Kingsman_BS_FA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These Czech editions are getting popular. Which they should. Woke up this morning and the GB (which also opened this morning) has 100 posts!

Yep, totally agree. So much more interesting artwork could have been used.
If Zavvi were releasing this, people would be going wild, saying its dreadful !!

Now, I am not interested in starting any kind of "war" but I keep on seeing the almost exact same centens "If Zavvi were releasing this, people would be going wild, saying its dreadful" in non-Zavvi threads. For me a bad artwork is a bad artwork on any "side" Zavvi, Filmarena, Plain, Kimchidvd, HDZeta, Blufans etc I dont care. There might be other reasons I choose where I place an order also, but thats up to each one to make their own decisions. Constructive criticism is fine by me, just saying. Peace!

Yep, totally agree. So much more interesting artwork could have been used.
If Zavvi were releasing this, people would be going wild, saying its dreadful !!
I agree with the artwork for the steelbook and with zavvi you wouldnt get any extras which is why i think its different. Many of us will never see the actual steel as it will remain sealed. So hopefully the entire package that FA does will be great as it usually is. So that is why there is a huge difference in the perception of the release.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Appreciate the tag @Actarus :notworthy:. I'm thinking of ordering from the website directly. Anything stopping you from doing that?

well it depends on the release, when I get 2 on here or 1 and not too interested in the movie but just the package, usually I pass on FA, but if I get none or 1 I might get my 2nd copy or only copy from FA, I have to make sure I get some so not to lose my assigned number.

I tend to get 1 to 2 copies per release, where I get them from depends on different factors.

I agree with the artwork for the steelbook and with zavvi you wouldnt get any extras which is why i think its different. Many of us will never see the actual steel as it will remain sealed. So hopefully the entire package that FA does will be great as it usually is. So that is why there is a huge difference in the perception of the release.
You're talking about all the extras, yet you dont open your steels? Rofl [emoji102]

Kimchi has done time and time again, it is not unusual for a retailer to release Exclusive packages with custom made SlipCovers, Great Quality Photo cards and other bonus items and also numbering cards and sticker for the slip... they have done extensive exclusive release even though they are using WWA steel which basically we would have bought, one way or another, but at least this way we are getting really nicely and thoughtfully put together Packages at a very decent Price. Kimchi has done it, Nova does it with their Nova Choice Line, Blufans do it with their OAB, so it is not unusual and if it is their strategy to enter the market of Exclusive packages this way I give them Praise as they are succeeding. And they have proved they are worthy of competition on the exclusive market using the WWA steel as so far every release has been a tremendous success. Maybe in the Future they will do like every other and end up putting their toe in the WEA Pool but so far they have released exquisite Packages that are worthy to be part of a Collector's Collection. If it ain't for you, you don't have to purchase it.

I'm not saying what they are doing now is bad, simply that to take it to the next level they need to release real exclusives. The goodies may be excellent but the Steelbook quality has generally been average so far, mainly because they are shared runs and Film Arena have little say. There have been some nice ones, Dracula Untold and The Maze Runner are both nice efforts but stuff like Commando and Heat is just poor. It doesn't matter about the quality of the package if the Steelbook itself is lacklustre but that is just my opinion.

Now, I am not interested in starting any kind of "war" but I keep on seeing the almost exact same centens "If Zavvi were releasing this, people would be going wild, saying its dreadful" in non-Zavvi threads. For me a bad artwork is a bad artwork on any "side" Zavvi, Filmarena, Plain, Kimchidvd, HDZeta, Blufans etc I dont care. There might be other reasons I choose where I place an order also, but thats up to each one to make their own decisions. Constructive criticism is fine by me, just saying. Peace!

So agree with you mate !

....So much more interesting artwork could have been used.

This is the Kingsman Exclusive Package thread from the ''film arena Collection''
I would assume like me that ''film arena lovers'' have no interest in knowing what would people say in the Zavvi thread about this FA release?!
What we can't wait to know and see is the ''exclusive FullSlip'' and ''Bonus items'' that film arena will create to make this
another stunning exclusive release from the film arena Collection.
I understand if people want to comment on the steel, but with all due respect, Zavvi(or any other retailers)
do not need to be brought up in this conversation ''as to what they would say in other threads''.
Simply comment on this steel if you like, your likes and dislike, but to speculate on what what Zavvi customers would have to say in a film arena thread as @Hooch stated is not relevant to this release.
again as Hooch said, Constructive Criticism is fine(to quote him)

Last edited:
I'm not saying what they are doing now is bad, simply that to take it to the next level they need to release real exclusives. The goodies may be excellent but the Steelbook quality has generally been average so far, mainly because they are shared runs and Film Arena have little say. There have been some nice ones, Dracula Untold and The Maze Runner are both nice efforts but stuff like Commando and Heat is just poor. It doesn't matter about the quality of the package if the Steelbook itself is lacklustre but that is just my opinion.

But that is what they are doing, Exclusive Custom Packages using the WWA steel.

You can comment all you want about it, but all of us who buy it are really fine with it
and very happy about every releases they come out with.
Maybe some improvement could be done, but this will remain exclusive packages with WWA Steels.
If you want to complain about certain steels, they are WWA steel releases,
so many many many other places you could also bring your opinion on their steel.
At least FA is not selling the steel by itself like any other retailer selling it,
so I would assume, it would be worse buying the steel somewhere else with just a J-card shrink wrap to the steel itself.

They are just starting doing these types of packages,
please give them time to evolve,
we all need to walk before we can run.

PS: and if they would stay with these types of Packages,
I would not be less happy as I am totally in love with what they are doing
and a whole bunch of other Ninjas are also very happy with their products, they sell out very quickly,
They must be doing something right if they are so popular so fast don't you think ?