Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #56) [Korea]

SteelCollz

Premium Supporter
May 25, 2015
Germany
Release date: September 5, 2017
Purchase link: KimchiDVD
Price: $36.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey
Note: Limited to 800 numbered copies

20708026_2141386299421909_1830212015561648758_n.jpg

Last edited:
Premium editions are usually limited in number over a standard release but in the Steelbook world it appears to be the other way round. Limited is what makes these special. Around 2011-2012 we had some superb Steels from Play.com for just £10.99. Those days were true fun and we are never going to see it again. It is a shame that retailers are flooding and over saturating the market.

I am confused about why this has been badged as an exclusive and not part of the collection? It's not WEA artwork??

Woke up this morning and what do I see, another kingsman Steelbook staring at me!

Ah must agree that slip looks nice and while I rarely double dip the only other kingsman I have is the filmarena one and that's a different steel but the kimchi steel cover art is the same as the slip.

Ohhh decisions ,
Yep will probably cave

Reactions: thegodfather1129
Feel bad for Manta who had their exclusive Steelbook short lived and now every Tom, Dick and Harry are releasing it o_O:cautious::(

For Kingsman, I currently own the FAC, Kimchi Lenti, JP Digibook, Manta PET + Full Slip B. Would've reluctantly picked this up no doubt but being another skinny slip w/5 postcards, think I'll pass :brb:

Europe already imploded the market.

True....

Then again its good in a way as some more obscure fave's get steel treatment.

I cant see the likes of Gremlins, Prestiege, Requiem, Clerks etc getting steel treatment if the market remained so limtied.
Plus, all the Disney titles that never would, either.

I welcome a couple, maybe 3, differant retailer releases of a title, as it gives choices on artwork for us collectors

However having release after release, from the same retailers....does get a bit silly.
There are enough Kingsman steel's out there now, we dont need this one IMO.

Slip art is awful IMO

Feel bad for Manta who had their exclusive Steelbook short lived and now every Tom, Dick and Harry are releasing it o_O:cautious::(

For Kingsman, I currently own the FAC, Kimchi Lenti, JP Digibook, Manta PET + Full Slip B. Would've reluctantly picked this up no doubt but being another skinny slip w/5 postcards, think I'll pass :brb:

We still don't know the finish. Might be matte making mantas much much better

True ;) And if that's the case, HMV's and everyone else (including Filmarena's standard edition) would be the same steelbook, right? Gona look horrendous if matte anyway :yuck:

I believe so

I read there was a rumour it will be flat and matte for the french. So the others should be the same but it depends if that rumour is true

Kimchi should focus releasing WEA of new movies example Atomic Blonde, Baby Drive, Get Out, etc etc
Defo, I think they lost the plot with their releases a while ago and tbh I kinda lost interest in them too! I prefer Nova if I'm being honest, less releases and more WEA sets (granted last two announcements weren't something unique but still...)

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Love the movie but easy pass..whatever happened to Kimchi's plan to release Moana, Beauty & the Beast, Rogue One? I would love to get some announcements for new release films premium (War for POTA, Baby Driver, Dunkirk)

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and harry
I wonder how much is the price, the previous edition is only $34.99 and you got 6 photo cards instead of just 5 character cards. Such a shame there's no booklet too (n)

Love the movie but easy pass..whatever happened to Kimchi's plan to release Moana, Beauty & the Beast, Rogue One? I would love to get some announcements for new release films premium (War for POTA, Baby Driver, Dunkirk)

If my memory serves me correct, Disney is tough to deal with and takes many months to approve artwork.