Kong: Skull Island (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live on Saturday July 6 at 6PM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Debossing on the title and spot gloss finish to the image

K_SI.jpg

K_SI (open).jpg

Last edited:
At least the Roger Rabbit steels utilize more of the vertical space whereas the Kong steelbook crams the title AND Kong in a limited space.
Get where you're coming from but the double-decker title wouldn't fit comfortably above the artwork as is . . . they could however have made it work just fine - a la ROGER RABBIT - w/ a deeper upper horizontal border.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, as with THE WARRIORS UK and US steelbooks, some will prefer the Zavvi with artwork within frame and embossed title while others will prefer the new one from FYE:-
1562463486463.png
/
1562463547215.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally have no objection to the slightly deeper than usual frame on SKULL ISLAND - and we don't know how deep the frame is in actuality . . . good to see that it is at least of equal size all the way around unlike the Mondo Disney TOY STORY for example:-
1562464454030.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another reason for a deeper than usual border:-
1562467189763.png

Last edited:
Manta should of done this ages ago

I’ve asked so many time :LOL:

If this sells well, I bet they announce it

Dont think they will make it. They took Manta's mockup that was submitted for approval and used it to make this steel.

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
Dont think they will make it. They took Manta's mockup that was submitted for approval and used it to make this steel.
Sucks that this type of thing keeps happening with Manta... first Kingsman, then Inglourious Basterds, now this?!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon

That’s a shame. I’ve spoken to John a few times about it but he told me him and his team wasn’t a massive fan of the film. Good to hear they attempted but a shame the design has been stolen in some way

I’m stupid and it will not go anywhere plus I’ve never given them ‘feedback’ before but I’ve messaged zavvi asking them to get their buyers to grow some balls, send it back to WB and ask them to add somthing to the back, for that price it’s the least they should do. They have plenty of time, even if it meant this was delayed by a month or two I think everyone would be happy.

Like I said, it won’t happen or go anywhere but I decided to contact about this one

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
We had Guy the Gorilla at London Zoo until 1978 and Japan has Shabani who, after posing for the artist as Kong, decides to take a well earned food break:-
1562599715630.png
1562599939476.png