Kong: Skull Island (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live on Saturday July 6 at 6PM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Debossing on the title and spot gloss finish to the image

K_SI.jpg

K_SI (open).jpg

Last edited:
Is the red border a gloss finish? Looks like a reflection in bottom left hand corner, which i’m not sure that you get if it was a matt finish? Anybody know? It looks great, btw!

And apparently the back isn't entirely plain afterall, but has a title I assume similar to the latest IT Zavvi steel (so spot glossed).
Just like the recent IT steel, this now appears to have the title on the back.

And it sounds like it has a great finish like IT

View attachment 446461
Artwork Update

Kong Skull Island SteelBook® Edition.
Made with debossing on the title treatment and a kick-ass spot gloss layer, this release lets all details pop when turning around the case.

Spot Gloss Finish
Scanavo Website

View attachment 446465 View attachment 446464View attachment 446463

going to pick mine up in a bit. I’ll try and get some photos of the finish

border has turned out much better than the mock up too. Glad this turned out really well

Wow this turned out much better than expected although it doesn't really go well with the others.

mixed feelings about this release, i like the art but not the red border.

I think the border was necessary to give the appearance of creatures jumping out of the image although it could have been smaller.

Is the red border a gloss finish? Looks like a reflection in bottom left hand corner, which i’m not sure that you get if it was a matt finish? Anybody know? It looks great, btw!
That is a sheen, a gloss sheen that is very common in UK steels and EU. THere are diff paint laws in Countries so you can see some difference because of that, also you can have people choose a cheaper option because when you hear about lots of work being done to the white layers etc then it really makes that super gloss like look. Like if you paint something with primer first before the color, ie. white then everythign on top looks more full. Sometimes I like when you can see the metal like this, just depends, many times I dont, but there are also ability to do like some type of layer on top of all this. Coco blufans is a good example, while you can see the metal its still buttery smooth in the flesh and def has something on top of it that ohters in the past didnt.

Reactions: Vegano
That's some great use of spot glossing.

I might pick this up in a price drop. Can't justify paying €30 for it before shipping.

Or maybe it will turn up cheaper somewhere else......