Léon: The Professional (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 57) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 3, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 3 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Scratch Resistant Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Full Slip: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

LEON_OC_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_FS_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_LS_V2_5000x.jpgLEON_DLS_V2_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Don't love it, but don't hate it either. Appreciate that they tried to go for something different though. It's between the SL and DL for me.

Reactions: Jaxxx and crib79
didnt notice the steelbook lol.. its quite bad imo and i hate when the theres a huge title with the main characters name and the art shows a different character.. this looks stupid to me

It's title of the movie. So they didn't fu*k up anything.
Beside Kimchi steel is blend as fu*k. Black color with just characters...

It's title of the movie. So they didn't fu*k up anything.
Beside Kimchi steel is blend as fu*k. Black color with just characters...
I think they're referring to Mathilda featuring so prominently under Leon's name, I can see what they mean. Maybe reversing the front and rear arts would've been preferable?

Personally I LOVE this movie so I'm chuffed they've used some art I haven't seen before. I'm not blown away, but I'm pretty happy.

Reactions: hatredhorror
I'm glad they did, as is anyone who owns the kimchi release lol
Errrr no
character card rear is on front of steel, postcard rear is on front of slip, and booklet front is on rear of slip.
I am talking about the red/black variants which are used nowhere on Kimchi's release. And tbh even that aside they used it nearly as bad as Manta now

Mostly new art and photos, which is surprising for an old movie like this.
I usually buy a Fullslip, but this one is the worst. Like other two, although the perfect one would be a front from Lenti, and back of DL, because front of DL was on a recent US steel.

Steelbook here is awesome!

Errrr no

I am talking about the red/black variants which are used nowhere on Kimchi's release. And tbh even that aside they used it nearly as bad as Manta now
You own the kimchi release? I'm confused why you'd want (colour variants aside) the same images used on the steel and slip of this release, as the one you already have. Pointless imo.

Manta's steel isn't a knockout, but it's nice, and that DL is :drool: I appreciate they've given us variation, same as they did with Her

my first thoughts...

steelbook: strange choice... it's the weak point here and that's a fail!!!
fs: i hope it's the same style as seven & blade runner :drool:
sl: white border... wtf?
dl: best edtion imo

Reactions: hatredhorror
You own the kimchi release? I'm confused why you'd want (colour variants aside) the same images used on the steel and slip of this release, as the one you already have. Pointless imo.
Because I only need one "perfect" edition instead of 10 different mediocre ones with different flaws. And Manta could have done that. I dont know why I should want new art just for the sake of having new art, when its just bad art.
Weet e.g. uses sometimes the same Steelbook art Blufans used before because they think its the best. They change some other parts like the Slipart and boom you have a superior edition
You can change everything ofc too, if you do it better than previous releases, but literally NOTHING on this release screams must have
Manta's steel isn't a knockout, but it's nice, and that DL is :drool: I appreciate they've given us variation, same as they did with Her
which was also a fail Steelbookwise imo

Last edited: