Horror Chat Last Horror movie watched for Halloween-Join the 2016 watch party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
2016 Last Horror watched.JPG

Hello ninjas!

It's time!

It's that time of year where we get together for our annual hidefninja.com Halloween and horror tradition, and share the latest horror films or tv we've watched. Just jump in to the thread, now until Halloween, and let us know what is making your skin crawl! Recommendations, reviews? Share them!

Plus stay on the lookout for mini-contests and more!

Have fun all!

Last edited:
I'm not big on horror, but I recently rewatched the Hannibal Lecter trilogy and enjoyed them a lot more than I originally did... I still thought Hannibal was the weakest, but it certainly wasn't as bad as I remembered.

I'm not big on horror, but I recently rewatched the Hannibal Lecter trilogy and enjoyed them a lot more than I originally did... I still thought Hannibal was the weakest, but it certainly wasn't as bad as I remembered.
Hannibal is much better when you realize it is (and watch it as) a black comedy grand Guignol piece rather than the completely-different-in-tone Silence of The Lambs. This is true of the books as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Hannibal is much better when you realize it is (and watch it as) a black comedy grand Guignol piece rather than the completely-different-in-tone Silence of The Lambs. This is true of the books as well.
Must admit that I did laugh a few times, but I just thought that was my twisted sense of humour. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and C.C. 95
I just finished watching the Horromedy "Cooties" starring our very own @bloodsnake007 LOL. It was actually a lot better than I had thought it was going to be. . Elementary School children turn into real ankle biters after they eat some bad Chicken Nuggets

hugo.jpg

Last edited:
Oh. I also saw BATMAN VS SUPERMAN...
giphy.gif
:OMG:EEK!o_O I would've beat you up if you were next to me! :box: BvS is my favorite movie of the year! :drool:

Anyways, haters gonna hate :p As for recently watched horror movies? Insidious: Chapter 2. It was okay, not better than the first. Couple of good twists but that's about it. I'd give it a pass for effort. No scary moments unfortunately.
I also watched Crimson Peak recently. And i liked that one. More than the majority apparently. I guess it was just my type of horror...

:OMG:EEK!o_O I would've beat you up if you were next to me! :box: BvS is my favorite movie of the year! :drool:

Anyways, haters gonna hate :p As for recently watched horror movies? Insidious: Chapter 2. It was okay, not better than the first. Couple of good twists but that's about it. I'd give it a pass for effort. No scary moments unfortunately.
I also watched Crimson Peak recently. And i liked that one. More than the majority apparently. I guess it was just my type of horror...
Believe me - I am not a hater! I LOVE Batman. I wanted to love it! And my love for Batman is why I didn't like it. That was not Batman. (Every ounce of his character, and everything he stands for was dismissed. Might as well make a movie about Ghandi with an Uzi, dealing out peace or else!).

• Thanks
Reactions: Ricker
Last one I've watched was Blair Witch during TIFF..

@bloodsnake007 it's Horror Time!

Oh, you still haven't told me what you thought of Blair Witch. I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

I just finished watching the Horromedy "Cooties" with out very own @bloodsnake007 LOL. It was actually a lot better than I had thought it was going to be. . Elementary School children turn into real ankle biters after they eat some bad Chicken Nuggets

View attachment 266890

You were with... @bloodsnake007? Like, at his home? And you survived to tell us this tale?! :OMG:

I watched 31 and wished I hadn't, just a weird horror version of Running Man.

I love horror, but I generally try to avoid Rob Zombie films. The only one of his movies that I enjoyed was The Devil's Rejects. Everything else has been nonsense.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Honestly, I've watched so many crappy horror films on Netflix lately, I can't even pinpoint the last good one (or one where I actually remember the film's title). I think the last truly good horror film that I watched on there was The Invitation. It was more of a thriller than a horror, but it had a very interesting vibe. The build-up is very slow, but the characters are interesting enough where you'll stick with it. The payoff is worth it because sh*t totally hits the fan by the end! Truthfully, it's a rather elegant film -- as weird as that is to say.

Invitation.jpg

I also watched The Dead Room for a second time in order to review Raven Banner's Blu-ray release of the film. I liked it a little bit more the second time. It has such a cool atmosphere and I love the first 3/4 of it, but the end is so crappy and it comes out of nowhere. If you want to read my full thoughts on it, my film review is here and the Blu-ray review is here.

Dead Room.png

In the realm of TV, I recently checked out the first season of Slasher. That show blows Scream: The TV Series out of the water! The kills are really cool and original and I love the locations that were used. It has a real '80s slasher-flick vibe to it. The only downfall is that the killer, The Executioner, looks really goofy. He has this big plastic mask and everytime he's on, I roll my eyes. The idea behind him is awesome, but the costume is just awful. I definitely recommend horror fans to watch it, though! It's only 8 episodes long.

Slasher.jpg

Tagging some peeps who may've not been tagged yet: @PunkNinja @Paperinukke @Hooch @Scary Hair @bigrob @cooey @mlmaier84 @AcIDc0r3 @Asopp @Bluprint @dan8885 @kryptonite @kaw @MGD @psychoscot :thumbs:

Happy #HDNhorror, Ninjas! :vamp:

Oh, you still haven't told me what you thought of Blair Witch. I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

honestly i expected more from Wingard.. It is more a close reimagining/homage of the 1999 film. it is worth a watch but nothing new was added to found footage genre. missed opportunity IMO. 2.5/5

watched this show last night..
ex.jpg

honestly i expected more from Wingard.. It is more a close reimagining/homage of the 1999 film. it is worth a watch but nothing new was added to found footage genre. missed opportunity IMO. 2.5/5

watched this show last night..
View attachment 267009

Well that's pretty disappointing to hear. I was hoping that Wingard and Barrett would bring their You're Next/The Guest magic to the table.

Looking forward to seeing The Exorcist, too. I wasn't keen on the idea of it at first, but with Geena Davis involved, now I'm intrigued.

Well that's pretty disappointing to hear. I was hoping that Wingard and Barrett would bring their You're Next/The Guest magic to the table.

Looking forward to seeing The Exorcist, too. I wasn't keen on the idea of it at first, but with Geena Davis involved, now I'm intrigued.
I was expecting the same from Wingard & Barrett.

Status
Not open for further replies.