Horror Chat 2017 Last Horror watched-Annual HDN October Watch party! [Concluded-see you in 2018!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
watch party anim.gif

Hello horrific ninjas!

It's that time of year again where we get together and share recommendations, and the last horror film you watched in honor of the spookiest holiday of the year! Jump into this thread all throughout October and join the fun by sharing the flicks you're enjoying and win prizes along the way. Tag your favorite horror fans on the forum and let them know it's time to get creepy and gory at HDN!

Be sure to subscribe to the thread (Click "Watch Thread" the the top right of the thread, so that you know what fellow ninjas are watching, and enter to win prizes when you see me post a pic of candy corns.

Also, keep your eyes peeled on the front page of HDN and in the forum for additional giveaways, special announcement, during our third annual HDN HALLOWEEN FEST!

halloweenfest-facebook.png

Pre-order HDN Black Label # 3 Suspiria exclusively at http://shop.hidefninja.com
suspiria-728-ordernow.gif

horrorsideshow-728.jpg

Exclusive HDN Nosferatu pin live now!
nosferatu pinb&w.jpg

Last edited:
#8 'Brainscan' 1994
F.Brainscan.b.jpg

Typical 90's horror flick about a teenager playing an interactive videogame and murders people, only to find out that all the murders in the game also happen in real life. Hosted by The Trickster. Good movie with an underrated score, i'm probably biased with nostalgic memories. "From the top of the charts to a space in your heart." There is still no Blu-ray release eh? :/

#9 'What We Do In The Shadows' 2014
A horror comedy even perfectly suitable for people who are not into horror.
A documentary team films the life of a group of vampires ,who share a house, for a few months only to find out that vampires have their every day problems as well as any other normal human.
One of my favorite horror comedy, i can only recommend this movie so much. If you haven't seen it already, please do so. 10/10
Trailer:

#9 'What We Do In The Shadows' 2014
A horror comedy even perfectly suitable for people who are not into horror.
A documentary team films the life of a group of vampires ,who share a house, for a few months only to find out that vampires have their every day problems as well as any other normal human.
One of my favorite horror comedy, i can only recommend this movie so much. If you haven't seen it already, please do so. 10/10
Trailer:

I f*cking love this film

Wish Brett was in too (mega conchords fan)

Might watch this tonight

"We're werewolves, not scarewolves"

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
Monster Squad --Goonies meets the Universal monsters. what's not to like?
Nosferatu 1979 --Klaus Kinski is perfect as bald headed bat faced vampire!
Only Lovers Left Alive --first time watch. bit bizzare, Tom & Tilda were fantastic
I Know What You Did Last Summer --just watched it to celebrate it's 20th year anniversary of it's theatrical release.
Piranha 1978 --Joe Dante..always love a good eco-horror!

The first person that sees this candy corn treat wins am Amazon giftcard. You must pm me with your e-mail address and preferred Amazon site. Winner picked by Sunday. Enjoy ninjas!

candycorn.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: MGD
'Trick R Treat' is my favorite Halloween movie, i still can't believe there is no Blu-ray release here in europe :( i wish i had it on Blu-ray.

Today i went to the theater to see 'Annabelle Creation'. (here in spain we had a delayed release).
First let me say i'm a sucker for the whole 'Insidious','Conjuring','Annabelle' universe and i'm looking forward to 'The Nun' and 'Insidious 4'.
James Wan revived the horror genre with his new own tense style combined with charming and interesting characters you actually care for.

I enjoyed 'Annabelle Creation', the acting of the girls was fabulous, Lulu Wilson already impressed me in 'Ouija origin of evil'. I was hoping for references to previous James Wan movies from the 'Insidious' universe and 'Annabelle Creation' delivered and connects seamlessly to part 1. If i have to give critic i would say i prefered
the Demon's appearance in 'Annabelle 1'. That's it. In part 1 the basement and staircase scene were soo good implemented.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and MGD
I watched the Babysitter on Netflix last night. A fun gory tribute to the 80's gore movies. And I am currently watching season 2 of Slasher on Netflix. This season is much gorier than the first. It has nothing to do with the season 1, I think its going to be like American Horror Story

Last edited:
Tonights viewing will consist of the sickest most twisted horror trilogy ever filmed, along with Mask Head from the same company ToeTag pictures. When it comes to outright nasty only the infamous August Underground trilogy will do. This sorts the weenies from the real horror fans:naughty:

Tonight movie will be 1922 (great short story from Stephen King adapted by Netflix).
Last movie was an all-time favorite THE SHINNING which I think needs no recommendation).
For those who appreciate old movies like me I strongly recommend:
THE MAN WHO LAUGHS (1928) to experience the german expressionism cinema by director Paul Leni and with a great performance delivered by Conrad Veidt.
CAT PEOPLE (1942) for a subtle, elegant horror atmosphere. Directed by Jacques Tourneur.
THE INNOCENTS (1961) directed by Jack Clayton from the novella The Turn of The Screw by Henry James.
THE HAUNTING (1963) directed by Robert Wise from the novel The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.
THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE (1973) from the novel Hell House by Richard Matheson and adapted by him into a script for the big screen directed by John Hough. According to Stephen King "the scariest haunted house novel ever written. It looms over the rest the way mountains looms over the foothills".
And finally, THE WITCH (2015) for a rich, slow-burning and atmospheric tale of horror.

Last edited:
Quarantine --Hollywood adaptation of the Spanish found footage Rec
Raw--1st time watch, highly recommended! stylish cannibal horror with tons of symbolism
Scream Quadrilogy --one of my favorite slasher franchise. "What's your favorite scary movie?" :naughty:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974 --another horror classic by Tobe Hooper
Annabelle Creation --missed this during it's theatrical run but heard it's better than the first film.

1 more week to go! Happy 3rd HalloweenFest Ninjas!

I watched 'The Witch' last night for 1st time. I really enjoyed it. It takes some time getting used to the language patterns but it was interesting to learn that the film was based on various fairy tales and the speech of that time. Really visual and creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.