Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 242
  • les-mis-sm.jpg
    les-mis-sm.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by a moderator:
I like musicals, and this is not bad. I do believe Russell Crowe singing is all wrong for this movie, but I guess they needed a marquee name.

i agree with you on Russell, they could get someone else for the role but it was cool seen him in something different we are used to...now ANNE on the other hand was amazing; the way she transmitted her frustration and pain was so real, and i think is even more difficult doing that by singing!

I expect this to be available in stores for a long time due to returns. I am returning 60% of my order to the store tomorrow. Amazing how many have dents and paint chips.

Yeah this is selling way quicker than I expected. I struggled to find a copy to exchanged my slashed spine. Had to give the BB clerk a little lesson on steelbook collecting. She didn't understand why I was exchanging :rolleyes: lol

I think this title has a wider appeal compared to ZDT. The print run may be higher, but it sold just as quick as ZDT. When I was buying my copy, there was an older gentleman probably in his 60's looking at this. He asked me what the difference was between the steelbook and the amaray. I explained to him it was a premium packaging that is more collectible than the amaray. He purchased the steelbook :LOL:

sorry if this comes off as too negative and I did buy this, but I have to say the target exclusive seems the way to go for me on this release. The steelbook while nice is still fairly plain whereas the target version has the booklet, art cards, extra footage, and the same stuff the steelbook contains.

At least target will get Django which will have the extras and the steelbook

First off I love Les Miz, experienced it on Broadway in the late 80s, and had a profound impact on me. The movie in the theater last Christmas was okay to me and now at home, not much changed. However what I found most satisfying and extremely interesting are the extras. In hi-def, they put together an extraordinary collection of how this movie was made from the sets, the cast, the locations, singing, history, etc.

In my opinion, the extras are worth twice the price of this steelbook! Don't miss them!

it is a let down IMO. The best part is inside artwork and I just like this film so it is a pass for me. Nowdays I buy only when I truly love film or steel. It is neither here:ugh:

I was at my Best Buy on Friday when they opened to pick this up. My store only had 7 copies, so I don't find it surprising that this is selling out here and there. I also agree with what others have said, this is much better looking in person (I love how the lettering on the cover and spine has a gold paint that the light really picks up.)