London 2012 Olympics

Just a few more weeks for the grand opening! I thought that it would be fun to discuss teams, athletes and medals here! :) So, what are your expectations for the Games? Which discipline are you most excited for?

olympic-rings-200x200-100x100.jpg

Waiting to see how this years USA Basketball team does against, I believe, better competition from several International teams.

Waiting to see how this years USA Basketball team does against, I believe, better competition from several International teams.

Man I dunno.. team usa is pretty nasty this year! The only teams that could be "challenging" would be spain, argentina and maybe france + brazil. But somewhat tells me they are gonna be destroying this year.. At least howard, griffin and rose wont be there to make things worse for the others ahahahha

Man I dunno.. team usa is pretty nasty this year! The only teams that could be "challenging" would be spain, argentina and maybe france + brazil. But somewhat tells me they are gonna be destroying this year.. At least howard, griffin and rose wont be there to make things worse for the others ahahahha

Yeah I hope so but yesterday's exhibition game versus Brazil seems to say otherwise. They were struggling against Brazil. Too many outside jump shots and not enough pounding the ball inside. They really do miss Howard's post presence in situations like yesterday's game. I think this year's results are more up in the air then the last.

100m dash of course is the biggie for me.

Really like watching the speed cyclists and the swimming events are also fun to watch.

The weightlifting events are crazy.. these little guys/gals lift all that weight.. amazing stuff.

I hope Canada :canada: does well this year, although the winter Olympics is better for us Canadians :D.

Reactions: FanOfGaming
considering i work at London Heathrow, i can't get too excited about the Olympics because of the MASSIVE workload we under at the moment. we're working hard with BAA to make sure the Olympians get through ok though :)

i'll be supervising the baggage staff at the check in at the games terminal when it's over so at least i get to see them face to face

My sister, nephew & niece went to watch the rehearsal of the opening ceremony on Monday evening and they told me that they were very impressed. I hope it's going to be good - China is a very hard act to follow!

considering i work at London Heathrow, i can't get too excited about the Olympics because of the MASSIVE workload we under at the moment. we're working hard with BAA to make sure the Olympians get through ok though :)

i'll be supervising the baggage staff at the check in at the games terminal when it's over so at least i get to see them face to face

Ha! I might be making my stop there soon, maybe a cold brew is in order no? :D;)

Reactions: bigrob