Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Release date: February 13, 2017 (first run) - July 24, 2017 (second run of 1000 copies)
Purchase link: Zavvi (second run of 1000 copies going live Saturday, June 3 at 12PM UK time).
Additional stock from European run offered to Zavvi. Live 11/1/2017.
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes colour theatrical cut

MM1.jpg

11373866-1664441587461121.jpg
11373866-1034439209485927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Mad Road Warrior is the reference in regards to cheap slash dupe in Black and White in the editing suite

This unboxing Video has at the end has the extra from the blu-ray where he discusses why he wanted it in Black and White

Paul, you really need to go and read the original interviews with George Miller, you will find what I said is entirely correct.
try this for a start: www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mad-max-fury-road-getting-black-white-edition-because-it-s-the-best-version-of-the-film-a7309506.html

Last edited:
Lol I posted on Twitter yesterday that I'd saved myself some money by cancelling my Black & Chrome preorder and just watching the edition I have with the colour turned down! :LOL:

Good on you:)

There is so much rubbish talked it is hardly credible.

And as for "the originall vision" etc, as I said to Paul, if in doubt read the original interviews with George Miller about the slash dupe etc, and see what I have said is entirely correct.
But hey, true believers only want to believe what they want to believe . . . . . ;):)

Paul, you really need to go and read the original interviews with George Miller, you will find what I said is entirely correct.
try this for a start: www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mad-max-fury-road-getting-black-white-edition-because-it-s-the-best-version-of-the-film-a7309506.html
Miller clearly quotes Mad Mad Road Warrior is the reference in regards to cheap slash dupe in Black and White in the editing suite when composer Brian May was doing the music on Road Warrior that's where he got the idea from
Did you watch the video :rofl: I posted it's miller himself in the video
I beleive the director himself in a video than some paper inteview
He's also already said independent has misquoted him in interviews recently regarding the film

The Blu-ray video on Mad Max Fury Road is Back and Chrome and is not from a cheap dupe

This interview has the info correct
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/10/ma...ion-george-miller-black-and-white-1201738113/

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
https://www.hidefninja.com/2016/07/...ack-and-chrome-edition-races-on-to-the-scene/

and I even heard from industry sources that studios begged him not to release it as black and white and to do colour and that he agreed so long as the black and white saw the light of day in a later dvd. (dvd being his words....)

People can poke fun all they want, but its a much welcomed edition to see what all the fuss and hubbub is about from the Director as it was his personal favorite way to watch the movie. ( I haven't seen it in b&w yet) I'm sure I will likely enjoy it more in color anyways, but still something I want to have.

No different then why i want to see the roadshow version of hateful eight etc. as that's what Tarantino wanted it to be, but studios wanted to shave time off. (and of course tarantino likes having exclusive footage for his grandeur) I appreciate the artists' vision and these Directors are painting their canvas' and as I get older I keep having a more deeper appreciation to that experience and process.

But I be weird yo.

Last edited:
https://www.hidefninja.com/2016/07/...ack-and-chrome-edition-races-on-to-the-scene/

and I even heard from industry sources that studios begged him not to release it as black and white and to do colour and that he agreed so long as the black and white saw the light of day in a later dvd. (dvd being his words....)

People can poke fun all they want, but its a much welcomed edition to see what all the fuss and hubbub is about from the Director as it was his personal favorite way to watch the movie. ( I haven't seen it in b&w yet) I'm sure I will likely enjoy it more in color anyways, but still something I want to have.

No different then why i want to see the roadshow version of hateful eight etc. as that's what Tarantino wanted it to be, but studios wanted to shave time off. (and of course tarantino likes having exclusive footage for his grandeur) I appreciate the artists' vision and these Directors are painting their canvas' and as I get older I keep having a more deeper appreciation to that experience and process.

But I be weird yo.
I can understand the film studio wanting in shown colour as if it was released in back and white it would not had done as well as it did in the cinemas
At least this way fans get to see both versions

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
Miller clearly quotes Mad Mad Road Warrior is the reference in regards to cheap slash dupe in Black and White in the editing suite when composer Brian May was doing the music on Road Warrior that's where he got the idea from
Did you watch the video :rofl: I posted it's miller himself in the video
I beleive the director himself in a video than some paper inteview
He's also already said independent has misquoted him in interviews recently regarding the film

The Blu-ray video on Mad Max Fury Road is Back and Chrome and is not from a cheap dupe

This interview has the info correct
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/10/ma...ion-george-miller-black-and-white-1201738113/

For heaven's sake Paul ,I wish you would listen!

I NEVER said the black and white version that has been released IS the slash dupe version.!!

I DID say that George Miller first saw the film in black and white when they were knocking up the slash dupe version and decided that he preferred it in black and white etc.

If you read clearly you would have seen that.

So no need to go off the bloody deep end!!!

The quote isn't actually from the Independent, it is from the LA Times, merely regurgitated, and not misquoted.
George Miller actually said he was misquoted in an earlier Independent article in which they said he would not make any more Mad Max films!
The independent not only corrected that, but ran a new article and interview with him.

Perhaps you should actually check the facts first before going off the deep end, and save us all this grief, eh :)

Here's the article. with his quote about Black & Chrome so you may then understand what I actully said, what he said, not misquoted) and stop getting your knickers in twist - chill pal :)
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I don't see the point in buying something that I will never watch.
Not Crazy about the Steelbook Art ''half and half'' personally, I think the HDzeta Lenti is more appealing...but nevertheless its a huge pass for me.

Well us all being crazed collectors I always thought we were talking about already owning 1 Mad Max steel and only IF we would add this one to the collection. If it comes back in stock I'll buy it ... someone tag me. If not heck I may just grab the US amaray black and chrome and put the disc in my zeta ultimate edition I made with 4 disc holder. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Well us all being crazed collectors I always thought we were talking about already owning 1 Mad Max steel and only IF we would add this one to the collection. If it comes back in stock I'll buy it ... someone tag me. If not heck I may just grab the US amaray black and chrome and put the disc in my zeta ultimate edition I made with 4 disc holder. :)

Yes indeed it was what I meant already owning the Boxset HDzeta for me, ''if I'd get The Black and Chrome'' it would be also the HDzeta if I'd want to get crazy :wacky:

but getting the Amaray with your Custom Disk Holder is not a bad idea if need be...always fun to get crazy though :naughty:
I may need to keep my ''crazy funds'' for sumethin' else comin' :whistle: *cough* FAC *cough*

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
For heaven's sake Paul ,I wish you would listen!

I NEVER said the black and white version that has been released IS the slash dupe version.!!

I DID say that George Miller first saw the film in black and white when they were knocking up the slash dupe version and decided that he preferred it in black and white etc.

If you read clearly you would have seen that.

So no need to go off the bloody deep end!!!

The quote isn't actually from the Independent, it is from the LA Times, merely regurgitated, and not misquoted.
George Miller actually said he was misquoted in an earlier Independent article in which they said he would not make any more Mad Max films!
The independent not only corrected that, but ran a new article and interview with him.

Perhaps you should actually check the facts first before going off the deep end, and save us all this grief, eh :)

Here's the article. with his quote about Black & Chrome so you may then understand what I actully said, what he said, not misquoted) and stop getting your knickers in twist - chill pal :)
View attachment 291917
Did you watch the video interview with George Miller yes or no as in the Director himself hes discussing Mad Max Road Warrior 1981 Film in regards to first saw it in black and white in the editing suite after they had knocked up a cheap "slash dupe" in B&W for the soundtrack composer Brian May as in the film from 1981

He decided from the start he wanted Mad Max Fury Road in Black and White and was the film studio who made him do it in colour

Last edited:
Did you watch the video interview with George Miller yes or no as in the Director himself

Don't be deliberately obtuse Paul !!

You're trying to make out that I said something which I didn't, and gloss over it by pointing to this video which has no bearing on the matter, to prove you are right about something! If you can't see that, it's your problem, of course, but don't put words in my mouth!!

I did NOT say the Black and Chrome is the slash dupe which was created as a cheap copy for the score composer!

And, if you would for once actually READ the bloody thing properly, George Miller is quoted as saying the best version WAS the slash dupe - PAST TENSE! He is OBVIOUSLY talking there of when they were in the editing suite as THAT is the context of the piece fcs!!

That was NOT the article which he said was misquoted !!
The misquote was was an article about whether there would be more Max Max or not (I suggest you look it up) - as I said previously, but you are so intent on being right all the time you've put yourself out on a limb!

Now I suggest you climb down of your high horse and relax.

Tu lo comprendes ahora? !!